1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Missed Opportunities

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by periamma, Dec 11, 2016.

1. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear ma, Best regards.
    Some times we feel for chances missed....in life we come across cross roads and we choose a path according to our situation and mind state at that time. When we see the blessings that we got from those choices, happy childhood for our children / satisfied family/ content heart we can be reassured that we chose what mattered more for us...just few days ago I remembered your profile pic -majestically seated in an office chair - that was the first pic I saw of you and my first impression was how commanding and majestic as well as compassionate you are....some chances give lessons when we take them...and some give lessons when we dont take them....

jskls, periamma and maggi32 like this.
  2. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

Amma, in btwn stories u can add my doodles too :p;):facepalm:.

@KashmirFlower : what an idea :clap2:.

jskls, KashmirFlower and periamma like this.
  3. maggi32

maggi32 IL Hall of Fame

So true dearies.

jskls, knbg and periamma like this.
  4. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Bhargavi Thanks ma.How do you remember that picture?This shows your love and affection.
    what you said about our situation and mind set is true

jskls and knbg like this.
  5. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Periamma, I think it was not meant to be and please excuse me if I am wrong, I think if you had been really interested you no one could have changed your mind for you. Regards, Lakshmi

6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Lakshmi.I am in a circumstance to change my decision.i have to bow down to my family members to have a healthy relationship.

maggi32, jskls and KashmirFlower like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Periamma,

I have said this many times but at the cost of repeating myself, I will say this again. I am a big believer that the life is built in front of our eyes based on our encryption. Sometimes, we utilize the opportunities, take the necessary risks and accept the challenges associates with that. Other times, we miss the opportunities and learn lessons out of it. But it is really bad only when we don't even have the ability to see such opportunities.

I think you have utilized your time well by being so creative learning some crafts that made your creative mind work during your leisure time. You have raised some wonderful children which is a major contribution by itself.

I will use this opportunity to share some personal life of mine as an example. When I finished my CA in the first appearance, I have received many opportunities to go to Gulf countries which I declined as advised by my parents. I have received campus interview from Bank Nationale de Paris, Union Carbide, Bank of America, Shriram Fibres, DCM, etc. but didn't accept any of those jobs even though I did well in the interviews. I decided to practice to learn more. I spent seven years practicing as a Chartered Accountant. I learned a lot but didn't make much money.

Later when I got married, I needed more wealth to build a family. I decided to seek employment. When I started my career, everyone said you belong to a very high level of management with my talent. Eventually, I climbed the ladder to the CEO level and ran public a company in various positions. I handled taking the company public in NASDAQ. I have acquired number of companies. Now, I am a full time investment banker.

When I joined the industry for the first time, I felt I have wasted 7 years of my life by practicing CA. Later, I gained so much experience in a few years what I would have gained in 20 years. We are destined to do certain things and once we are passionate about what we do, life would become meaningful. Pursuit of excellence is in Perception, Patience and Perseverance. Age, education and experience become secondary when the attitude to do something overwhelms our lives. We get drowned by our passions.

Don't worry about the missed opportunities and feel good about what you have accomplished in life despite such missed opportunities. Please read my signature line.

Viswa

MalStrom, maggi32, jskls and 2 others like this.
  8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra Thanks for your kind reply .some time i used to think i have not done anything unique in my life.In one way i am happy as i got a degree at the age of 36.My elder son writing first year exam in college and i am writing final year exam (Distant learning).Really it is a great pleasure to see ,we both sitting together and preparing for examination.
    i like your signature.

MalStrom, maggi32, Viswamitra and 2 others like this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Periamma dear congrats for being nominated by jskls. I second Pavithra's feedback. Though you missed those opportunities you have brought up your children well which is more important. First comes our family then other things. Might be God wanted you to take care of the family . From your post cant understand that you give importance to your family member's feelings too and act accordingly.

10. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

Periamma,
    You are feeling sad for the missed opportunities, and if you remember them in detail even after so many years means, you are really sad about them.
    Take 5 minutes to yourself when you are sad like this, and feel and it then self it for another time. It is true, that they were a missed opportunities. It is also true, that you have give three incredibly good citizens to the country and world. Which will only multiplied when they have kids- our grandchildren.
    It is okay to feel sad about missed opportunities, like we sometimes feel for a lover we could not be together with.
    But aren't the best love stories the ones where the lovers don't meet....

Sorry getting all poetic. Your accomplishments are impeccable. You can still something to take care of your other ambitions, try you must. Some of us are born seekers, restless in our pursuit...so are you...

I remember a dialogue of Deepika P. in movie Batameez..that she says to Ranbeer K "itni badi life mei kuch na kuch to reh hi jayega"
    Meaning
    " In this long life something will be missed.."
    Our aim should be happy with and for the people around us, and try all that we can..to persue our dreams

maggi32 and Rihana like this.