Misscarriage and unable to conceive

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by neeta, Jun 28, 2005.

1. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Dear Heena,

There is a temple called Thirukkarugavur (literally translates as the place where the womb is protected) in between Thanjavur and Papanasam near Kumbakonam in Tamilnadu where Goddess GarbhaRakshambigai's temple is present. Couples who are childless for sometime pray to that temple, light ghee lamps to Lord Shiva (as Lord Mullaivananathar) and Goddess GarbhaRakshambigai and obtain ghee prasad in a small bottle. It is advised that the ghee be mixed with the ghee present at home and be consumed for 48 days (one mandalam) by the husband and wife at night by mixing it with milk. It is believed to gift the couple with children when done with faith and devotion.

Regards
    Vidya

Last edited: Jan 3, 2007
  2. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Dear Padmavathy,

LAte periods could be because of a lot of reasons. It could be because of Thyroid or other hormonal problems, cysts/Fibroids in the ovary, stress, weather changes etc. Please go to a proper Reproductive Endocrinologist to have yourself tested.

Where do you live? If you live somewhere near Philly, I can recommend my RE to you. PM me if you need more details.

Regards
    Vidya

3. padmavathy

padmavathy New IL'ite

Hi all.,
    Thanks for the concern and prompt replies from all of u.,

I have been having my periods regu;arly till i had my miscarriage.,
    I also checked for my pregnancy test twice and am sure iam not pregnant as i dnt have any symptoms also..,

I have being having a lot of stress and a lot of travel past month and also i went to new jerseyfrom los angeles and of course there was sudden change in temperature..,
    so i think this also may influenced.,

Anyway am planning to wait for next week and then go and see my doctor..,
    please let me know if u have any other suggestions..,
    thankyou

4. padmavathy

padmavathy New IL'ite

Dear Vmur.,

I have been having the ghee prashadham along with my husband.,

can u tell me that is it necessary that we sud not eat non veg during the mandalam.,

i actually take my ghee if i dnt eat any non veg that day..,
    My mom told me to do like that.,
    Can u tell me the correct procedure on consuming it.,
    Thank you.,

5. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Dear Padmavathy,

This is how the temple archakar in GarbhaRakshambigai temple advised me. Take some freshly made ghee at home and mix it with the ghee prasadam from temple and keep it separately in a small bottle. Mix a teaspoon of the ghee with milk daily night and the couple should drink the milk in the night. The Archakar also mentioned that there are no diet restrictions however it should not be consumed if you have your periods. (I am a vegetarian, so I cannot advise you on this.) Both of you can resume taking the prasad once you are out of your cycle.

Good Luck,
    Vidya

6. chatkara_tasty

chatkara_tasty Bronze IL'ite

dear vidya ,
    txs for giving me knowledge on this . i wish i can get this ghee . but unfortunetaly i know i cann't . nono i am not childless . i am having a sweet littlt angel but i don't know i am getting delay in my second one . though i start planning frm last year only . i didn't get pregent . my reports r normal . may be god will bless me soon . is it normal to get delay in second baby ?? does anybody also face the same problem . pls share with me . i am sorry i am posting it here instead of seperate thread . so pls don't mind .

7. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

I am not going into medical details

To all, It is my Inlaws staunch belief that if you have a Santhana Krishnan dollor made and put it in a chain around your neck or have atleast a photo or vigraham in your pooja room then you get to see that daily and you will be blessed with a kid ASAP. Infact my FIL gave my hubby one dollor and I dont know whether it is a coincidence I became pregnant for the second time.

Also it is a staunch belief that pray for your kula deivam whichever be it and whereever be it. Not much just pray that you will bring your child whenever it is possible and make a archanai that is enough.

I think I am not being too much sentimental.

8. padmavathy

padmavathy New IL'ite

Good Thought!!

Dear rajmiarun.,

Thanks for ur valuable advise..,
    I too have a staunch belief that kula deivams are the ones who protect our family and our off springs.,
    As u said iam going to pray for my kula deivam to have to healthy pergnancy next time.,
    I want the blessing of all of you.,
    Thank u so much..,
    padmavathy

9. Naveena

Naveena New IL'ite

similar story

Hello Indusladies:wave

I am Veena, a new member to this great and wonderful site. I am now living in Denver, Co. I was in SFO since Nov'06 and came to Denver on Dec 31st.

I too had a sad experience much similar to Padmavathy's. I conceived in May 2006 and was too excited, but my joy was very short-lived. My scan showed that the foetus had died inside and had to undergo D&C in June 2006. The worst factor was that my hubby was in US at that time(he had left in the first week of June) though he rushed back soon after hearing this.

D&C is the most horrible experience and I wish no other woman would have to undergo this. After that, my gyn had prescribed contraceptive tablets and advised to avoid pregnancy for 6 months. I took the tablets only for 2 months as I was putting on weight suddenly. My periods were regular till I was taking them, but became irregular later. I used to have regular periods after marriage.

Then my husband came to SFO in Sep 2006 and I joined him in Nov 2006. We had to move to Denver on 31st. Once I had my periods on the correct date, but again in Dec it was late. I dont know what will happen this time. I could not visit a Doctor here, as we have been shifting from one place to another. Again we may have to shift to the east, probably New Hampshire, next month. I am worried as I will be 29 this march and my husband is 31.

Friends, I have another doubt. Can I take Folic acid tablets without prescription which is available over the counter. Please give your suggestions.

10. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

For Naveena

Hello Naveena,

Welcome to IL. Please do go the gynaec as soon as you can. In the meanting, it is a good idea to take folice acid. You can tkae the ones that are sold over the coutner. If youare trying to conceive, please start taking pre natal vitamins. Also available over the counter.

Good luck to you.

Vandhana