Miss India Loses The Crown

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by AakritiM65, Aug 24, 2009.

1. AakritiM65

AakritiM65 New IL'ite

India's contestant Miss Ekta Chaudhary failed to even qualify for the top 15 contestant at the Miss Universe competition. Well, to be honest, I am not surprised. Even before she left for the competition, I knew she can never win.

I don't know whether our Miss India judges are blind or plain stupid, but they choose the worst looking girls as winners every year. None of the girls this year are worth being even eligible for a beauty contest, but our honorable jury gave them the crown.

What are your views about it? Do you think there's something wrong with our selection process?

2. adara

adara Bronze IL'ite

I agree Akriti. I would give :thumbsdown to her.

3. Roopali

Roopali New IL'ite

Her Indian costume was hideous. She was looking awful. Was it a beauty contest or a horror:rotfl show?

4. megh

megh New IL'ite

i too agree..she didnt show much self confidence too

5. Sonya4mdelhi

Sonya4mdelhi Senior IL'ite

I think its about time that we stop sending these mannequins with plastic smiles on their faces. The rest of the girls were so natural and confident. Miss India was looking like that somebody has put a "smile charm" on her. Would it have hurt her to grow her hair longer?

6. Amarpreetkochar

Amarpreetkochar Junior IL'ite

Even I agree with all of you:exactly:. There is definitely a fault :rantin the selection process for the Miss India Contest. I feel they deliberately select worst looking gals with no brains:redface:. The reason for this could possibly be that they do not want to create any role models like Sushmita or Aishwarya. They just want dumb, plastic gals who can dance on their fingertips.

Jai Hind,:)
    Amarpreet

7. geeta2009

geeta2009 New IL'ite

These days, Miss India is just a platform for girls to get into films and modeling world. they are not interested in being Miss World or Universe as it will just delay their bollywood debut by a year or so. :rotfl