Miss California should have been Miss USA?

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Bujji, May 14, 2009.

1. Bujji

Bujji Bronze IL'ite

Dear ILs

I believe most of us know about Carrie Prejean, who is the runner-up of Miss USA pageant contest.
    But she is popular than Miss USA winner.

The final question asked by Perez Hilton, Gossip blogger (Huh ! What a title) turned on the fire. This celebrity blogger asked her the opinion of legalization of Gay rights and She answered "I believe in the marriage between man and woman. No offence to anyone but that is how I was raised". Though Carrie is in limelight from that moment, 21 year girl is facing all the trash from various parts of country.

Apart from this legalization, which is ofcourse not my business, I am thinking of this poor girl. Doesn't she have right to speak?, right to tell her opinion?.

After all that is a contest.And her own belief should take into issue and not the desire of judge.

The myth is "USA is the great place to live" but the fact is "only better",due to some bizarre people, for instance, few gossip bloggers(who is doing nothing but gossip).

Now I turn to you friends, what do you think of this?

Last edited: May 14, 2009

2. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Bujji,

I don't know much about what is happening in US unless it is published in my daily morning paper which I pick up enroute to work.From your post , looks like this year the Miss USA contest stirred up a hornet's nest.

I feel that you are right and a person should be forthright about one's feelings and their views on society especially when the competition is to judge his/her personality.These contests were designed to honour womanhood and what she stands for.Unfortunately this honour is confered now on women who rote through the charade with clever replies and don't forget the trump card called 'World Peace'.

I am glad that she was frank in answering the question not bothering the repercussions and it does not matter what she quoted is right or wrong as we all have freedom to speak and express our opinion.They might not bestow her the title but no one can excoriate her calling it audacity.I feel she spoke what she believed in ,which mirrored her outspoken personality.

3. Bujji

Bujji Bronze IL'ite

Sabi dear

Yes, it sure stirred up the hornet's nest but am only sad to see some guys are not at all ready to accept others' opinion of them.

I could not have agreed more with you, about women participating in the contest.

4. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

That is the problem you know Bujji, we mock when some gives insincere answers and at the sometime do not appreciate when they open up their heart.