1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

mismatched horoscopes and living happily?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ivlakshmi, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Human society has modified religion to find what suits him or her the best.

4 people like this.
  2. Nanimom

Nanimom Gold IL'ite

mine is a love marriage, we never looked for horoscopes.. indeed we live a happy and lovable life.. nothing will disturb us if we have true love and trust with each other..

1 person likes this.
  3. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Totally agree. When two people getting married are determined to make it work, such a marriage will be successful. So its up to us to make our marriage work. After God helps those who help themselves.

We never matched horoscope and we are totally devoted to each other.

1 person likes this.
  4. Maggie2009

Maggie2009 Gold IL'ite

just wondering...why do churches/ temples/ mosques/ gurudwaras /synagogues, etc etc have lightning rods ? isn't it a given that God protects? It is very human to doubt and keep questioning things. We always seek the safety and comfort of things like astrology,charms, amulets, whatnot.To find comfort in such stuff is one thing, leading your life based on these is going to be very very tough.these astro kundali matchings- do they predict you or your spouse losing your job to a mass economic slowdown? do these predict one of you getting cancer after 25 years together? do these predict one of your children being born with special needs? to my knowledge, no. these things happen. you learn to deal with it. you work your way around life.you can choose to draw strength from each other and grow together as a couple. that is what grown ups do.
    disclaimer: just my opinion.

2 people like this.
  5. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Here in south most people give high priority to astrologers and not all astrologers are good.. I feel it is better to ignore matching to get married quickly else some are loosing potential matches because of this.

6. ushae

ushae Silver IL'ite

That way many christians in India are not christians.

She was telling many westerners and not all westerners. So I don't think any thing wrong in the comment

7. ushae

ushae Silver IL'ite

True. In india many hindus do not go or rarely go to temples. Since they are here in majority, they do not have the identity crisis. Similarly in Europe many christians go to church once in a year or so because again there they need not have to exhibit their identity.

I have seen, whenever a linguistic group say tamils or telugus living in other states like Mumbai or delhi or US, they will exhibit their identy more agressively like organizing culturals, programmes related to their language whereas when they are in their own state they don't do that much. The same way for religion also

8. ushae

ushae Silver IL'ite

Bible also does not approve abortion, homosex etc.
    Islam does not permit "drinking alchol,gambling etc

9. ushae

ushae Silver IL'ite

Astrology, horoscope and all are huge field of subjects.Our people have not thoroughly understood. In the olden days there were really good astrologers and like our indian medicine ( Ayurvedha, Siddha systems), due to discontinuity many things have been forgotten/not known now.

Because of some half baked astrologers/or those who want to make quick bucks many people do not believe this.

Astrology is based on human charactors which are in built in blood when formed as baby in womb. Some people are short tempered and some are calm. Horoscope will never match for male and female , both are short tempered.

In one of the finding it was noted that those having " shevva dosham" in horoscope have a particular blood Rh group and it should match the similar group medically.

Our body has more than 70% as water. Moon has effects on water as we see during full moon and No moon days at sea. Moon as a planet has some effects on the human body.

I have read some time back there was a research finding that the children born during " non sunny days" in western countries have different qualities compared to the ones born during sunny days.

Ofcourse no one has done full and complete research on the effects of planets (infact that is horoscope) on human body. People have to make efforts to study astrology as science and find out any truth/facts on our ancestors saying instead of just ignoring due to what the new religions say or modern science reveal

1 person likes this.
  10. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Hence the "etc etc " ...

Actually I have not seen any religion saying that those things are okay .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.