1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

mismatched horoscopes and living happily?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ivlakshmi, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

These Christians (whom I knew and who confirmed that they have carried over generations many Hindu influences) are from Kerala who have a 2000 year old history of having been Xtians.

Recently I have met westerners who were Xtians or had a strong Christian background getting their janma kundalis made in Varanasi for matching. This practice I find pretty common amongst westerners who have a Xtian family background but who have adopted eastern religions as a way of life.

Nandita

2. maliniglow

maliniglow Gold IL'ite

I am sorry, now they are too getting appointments from astrologer and getting matched. They are too following all hindu customs. I am surprised by a christian girl, and lighting diya every tuesday to Goddess Durga for getting married.

Now that christian girl got married and she had a beautiful baby. I have seen muslim frnds too. Some ppl hav some sort of satisfaction that's why they visit there. My frnd Rasiya visited to Triupati, I don't know how many ppl are there. Being a hindu, I too visit for Sunday classes in churches.

3. Mommie007

Mommie007 Silver IL'ite

SGBV, I don't see anything wrong in what Nandita stated either. Just because Christians and/or Muslims consult astrologers, it should not make them feel any less of a Christian or Muslim. All they look out for, like any hindu who goes to an astrologer, is the welfare of their family. It's a belief that a few people strongly believe in. I know of several Hindus who worship Velankani mother. That does not mean they are not being "faithful" to their religion.

That being said, IMO, marriages are purely based on the level of compatibility of a man/woman.

4. Maggie2009

Maggie2009 Gold IL'ite

OP,
    for what its worth, am an atheist who was doomed to die instantly if i married my husband. am doing great,my dh and i are a crazily sappy couple and have a happy marriage and a naughty toddler to boot.we have our fair share of squabbles but then who doesn't

3 people like this.
  5. abhi09

abhi09 Senior IL'ite

I dunno how true are horoscopes or whatever...
    One personal example...My husband dosen't believe in it and I am also not a firm believer...
    I just agreed to see horoscopes for my parents satisfaction and so did he..
    My kundali had some god knows what "dosha"..That my FIL will die within 1 year of marriage..
    My husband gave some money to the pundit did some hocus pocus..(he dosen't tell clearly what he did) and made everyone to accept this proposal..
    Its been 4 years since our marriage and touch wood by God's grace my FIL is still alive and as far I as know healthy and active for any 60+ year old man...

It is all perspective...Lot of people I know got married without horoscope and they are living happily...
    and Christians and Muslims and other religions do not see this horoscope thing..

2 people like this.
  6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I am sorry... May be India is different from the rest of the world of Christians. It's not the first time I am hearing such things.. Even I remember in one of the religion related forum, I heard about Pooja rooms in Christian homes, and polygamous religious beliefs among Christians. I was surprised as it is not what Christianity is.. Then I realized the fact, as it is the people who follow what they want and not the religion.

In Sri Lanka, we have Hindus in the cities those do not even know who is their God, never been to temples, and never ever used their birth Hindu names, rather have adopted some fashionable modern names that sounds like Christian names. I can not bring them here as an example of Hindus, since they are many, and I know them for sure that they all are Hindus. It is the people, and not the religion.

Sorry OP for dragging your thread a bit... My point was strictly about what others follow and not follow... There can be some mixed believers here and there... They can only be just exceptions and they can not be the examples.

7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Nothing wrong in Nandita's message. Christianity is a religion, which preaches against astrology and predictions of that kind and request its believes to have faith in God, in which the God can make all the miracles. It doesn't say astrology is fake, but it requests its believers to NOT to fall in it. Having said it, if any Christian who makes appointment with astrologers and makes remedies as directed by the astrologer in temples or any places (again, against the moral of Christianity) it is not right. They are free to do so as individuals, and no one can comment on that as it is their personal belief. But as Christians they can not.

Christians can be murderers, thief, brothel men/women, and so on and so forth. It is not the religion as it preaches against such evil acts like any other religion, but it is the people who do all such things and by name sake being identified as Christians/Hindus or whatever. GOT me???

1 person likes this.
  8. dave08

dave08 New IL'ite

Hi SBGV
    Although it is against Christianity teachings, but as humans we should not judge them, only guide them from what is right, what is wrong. Even God is probably not as judgmental as you are.
    Are you even aware that there are Christians in South America and Africa who mixes folk customs with their religion?

9. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the complement... You are great!!!

If Christians in South America and Africa mix their religion with their folk customs, and celebrate it, then I would say it is their personal. As long as they are not doing anything AGAINST what their religion preaches them, there is no problem in their type of observing things. But if they are doing brothel and claim themselves as Christians, then obviously I would protest and say, they are NOT Christians. Be it India or America... The matter is one!!!

Imagine... Nandita's post was not wrong. She spoke the truth about the Christians in India... But that sounded as if astrology is a normal practice among Christians. A person who has limited knowledge on Christianity might take this info as it is.. which is wrong. Exceptions can not be examples.

Also her post contradicts with my intention and response to the OP... Where I claimed Muslims and Christians never match horoscopes as it is against their faith.

Although it is upto the OP to take it or leave it, I claim as it is my moral responsibility to clarify any doubts that addressed to me here. Sorry if I sounded rude.

Indian **** stars wear no dress, but that's not Indian culture. Can one **** star be the representative of Indian women? But that doesn't make her non- Indian too... Sorry for such a nasty example;(

I remember my friend of Austria.. When I was working there, he asked me why I do not wear sexy party dresses? I said, I am not comfortable with that, and that's not our culture. He was surprised and replied..." you are not right? I've seen nude Asian, specially Indian and Sri Lankan girls and sexy film stars on TV, how come you say a sexy party dress is not common in your place?

I could only laugh at his lack of knowledge and understanding... But what to do?

10. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

The reason why Christianity and astrology are diametrically opposed-

Bible expects a person to trust that God will take care of their future.
    So there is no need to know about the future / worry about it / try to fix it.
    Astrology is seen as a "lack of trust in God and his capability to take care of our future"....
    (this is what Christians believe. Not forcing anyone to believe the same)

The bible also forbids / condemns many things (which also includes astrology, lies, murder, incest, rape etc etc etc).
    But we have been given free will to do what we choose and we will give account for our actions. :)

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.