1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

mismatched horoscopes and living happily?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ivlakshmi, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

what is the meaning of manaporutham?

2. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

I know of many christians who do consult astrologers for all purposes including matrimonial matters. Now this trend is catching on with many westerners as well who are influenced by eastern way of life.
    Nandita

3. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

It is said in our shastras that there are eight types of marriages and the highest is where the boy and girl desire each other. And is considered the highest form of marriage. This I think is manaporutham.

Nandita

1 person likes this.
  4. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

compatibility of hearts

5. dave08

dave08 New IL'ite

Hi there, interesting thread and posts. Forgive me but I am a firm believer in matchmaking horoscopes if an arranged marriage were to take place.

Its not only seeing the kuta to match the charts but a good astrologer will tell oneself regarding other aspects for eg. dosha compatibility. TO tell you the fact,astrological interpretation especially chart matching does take a lot of work and time and a lot of astrologers just check the kuta only and then decide whether the chart is matched or not. From what I understand from a reputed astrologer, the chart compatibility for dosha is of more importance (if not equal) than the kuta, and this is time consuming.

Also, I believe that even though the charts are matched, both girl and guy should meet each other and get to know each other well before going into marriage. If not compatible, then the whole thing should be called of.

It is an unwritten rule that for love marriages, the horoscopes should not be checked for obvious reasons. I know of those with love marriages having problems getting children and so on and so forth. Some even divorce/separated after many years despite marrying out of love.

Whether or not one finds the right one or not is already written in our destiny.

Since it is a personal opinion of mine, I am sure not many would agree.

1 person likes this.
  6. dave08

dave08 New IL'ite

Although marriages are supposed to be made in heaven, but the partners (both husband and wives) are supposed to sustain their marriage to reach heaven ultimately! We all come from diverse backgrounds and when 2 people from different backgrounds unite and are expected to live under a roof, of course differences may occur. This is true even for love marriages.

Please don't think that those 'happily married for more than 30 years' etc did not have any problems during their marriage. They definitely had but they would have worked out their differences and would have had also sacrificed a lot to sustain their marriage!

2 people like this.
  7. Coolchap

Coolchap New IL'ite

well said. Astrology and horoscopes are big business.

8. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

Everything in our life today is "big business". Tell me what is not.

Nandita

9. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

If they are consulting astrologers and depending on their remedies or pariharams for all their purposes, then they can not be Christians or Muslims. Just because you are born to Christian parents or converted to Christianity for whatever the reasons (Poverty, marriage or whatever) doesn't mean they are Christians. Simply because they do not know what is inside Christianity; hence follow what ever it is restricted there.

Also, not all the western people are Christians... There are many agonists and atheists... So, please be aware when you make such comments in public.

1 person likes this.
  10. dave08

dave08 New IL'ite

SBGV,

I don't see any harm in Nandita's comments to be honest. She was just merely stating that she knows of Christians who seeks astrologers help for certain matters and this trend is catching on amongst westerners. While it is true that Abrahamic religions (Christianity and Islam) forbade their followers to believe in astrology and what not, the reason the above mentioned checking astrology is probably already imbibed in their forefather customs to check astrology. That is not a reason to doubt their faith!

Please do be aware that there are many countries including South America and also in Africa in which folk customs are mixed with Abrahamic teachings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.