1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Misfit is the name of the game!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by meenasankaran, Aug 11, 2010.

1. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Your 'anna' definitely sounds like a 'misfit' albeit an adorable one Raba. May be he is trying to compensate for his family's 'vengala thondai'? :) 30 of your cousins live in the same street? Oh, how I envy them! We are a close knit family too with many boisterous cousins but unfortunately we are sprinkled all over the globe making it a tad difficult to meet often. Thanks for your fb Raba.

2. meenasankaran

Well Aruna, you sound like a delightful misfit, one that every family wishes for. I have no doubt in your ability to dig water even in a desert but spare your shoulders and resist the urge, my dear.:biglaugh Thank you for stopping by Aruna.

3. meenasankaran

Wow Balajee, you speak 4 european languages? I am impressed. I can't even claim to be an expert in my mother tongue. :bowdown If I had been fortunate enough to be a 'misfit', I would have wanted your kind of skills for sure. :) Thank you for a great fb Balajee.

4. meenasankaran

Hmmm...no misfits in your family? Kelly, guess what? You are a misfit now in this fb section for you are the only one with a family of no misfits. :) Kidding aside, thank you for a lovely fb.

5. meenasankaran

My dear Padmaji,

Thank you for such an appreciative comment. Coming from an accomplished writer like you, it means a lot to me.

//Well, guess I am a misfit too, as I tend to cling to tradition in this world where change is the name of the game!

You are not alone in that but I doubt if anyone else would have expressed it any better. Awesome!

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Meena, seriously when I read this snippet of yours, I had this feeling of I know these kind of people, where have I come across this and now I realise it is the entire of my DHs' family and according to them I am so normal that I am such a misfit there!!! Most of them end up staring when I show my delight with laughter, hugs or claps and are always surprised at how much I can talk.....you know how we normal people are!!! So to answer your question.......

...... while the whole family thinks of me as a misfit...you know what I feel right???

As always, wonderful writing and thoroughly enjoyed reading. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  7. meenasankaran

Thank you Oopall for stopping by to comment. I am so glad to know that you enjoyed reading my post. Oh, I like the 'sis' part even more. :)

8. meenasankaran

Hey Beryl,

Welcome to Snippets. Guess what? I tried to pronounce your city's name and got my tongue all twisted up. The next time you intend to move, please choose a tongue-friendly city, my friend. :wink:

Kidding aside, thank you so much for your appreciative fb. :)

9. meenasankaran

Thank you rnp1112. :) Your loving feedback makes me want to write more so thanks again for stopping by.

10. meenasankaran

Thank you Janani. It takes a very big heart to appreciate someone so generously. Thank you for that. :)