Miscellaneous

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by Ashna, Oct 21, 2005.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Re: Gajalakshmi Aradhana

yes viji,
    even i got too attached to the gajalakshmi pic the eyes are so expressive some have great power to bring out the best in what they do..sunkan

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear geeth,
    i always leave the strict following to people who enjoy that,never fear, i think the omnipotent has a very dear and understanding medium with us, and i have known in my life many who do not know slokam but just put some flowers, and if you dip into our culture u will find many devotees like bedara kannappa, who washed god with water in their mouth and kept all the raw meat he could give, still god appeared to them, and u c many things happening where ignorance has helped them get great achievement, it is the sincerity that matters in the end, the connection we keep to our limitation is acceptable to the lord, so just be a mother like how ramakrishna says, search her like a mother would her child and you will get her more easily, so let the worship be simple as possible but reach out for sure..sunkan

3. geeth

geeth Senior IL'ite

Dear sunkan mam,
    thanks a lot mam. i am the one among, don't tell much slogas or hymns....just a total surrender to GOD. I do dyana, then think of all gods bring them in mind and jst say 'sharanam sharanam prabathye' umpteen number of times. so this reply made me happy and pleased' thanks alot.

love
    geeth

4. nini82

nini82 Senior IL'ite

Hi!
    Thanks for loads of information.
    Pictures are really very nice.

5. Rupi

Rupi New IL'ite

Temple Live Telecast

Hello All,

If u want to view the live telecast of one of the vinakaya temple located in San Jose (CA). Visit the below link where they telecast daily live events conducted in the temple. If u are very far from this place u can view this link sitting at home.

Vaidica Vidhya Ganapathi Center

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Peek-A-Boo in Tirupati Balaji’s Kitchen!!

Talk about Tirupati and we can hear everyone discuss about the darshan, long queue, laddoos etc.. I would like to take you to the lovely place where the food is cooked and served as prasad to the devotees. Yes, the Tirupati Balaji’s Kitchen!!
    <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->
    The kitchen churns out 30,000 meals a day including Rice, Dal, Sambhar, Rasam and Vegetables. 35 kgs of rice is cooked in 15 minutes, dal for 1000 people is cooked in 30 minutes. There is no smoke and no fuel cost incurred (breathe easy is the mantra, Lord Balaji teaches), only stainless steel vessels are used and not copper or aluminium. Initially the diesel consumption was 1000 litres every day, which has dipped by 400 litres. Time and money is also saved.
    Who is saving the fuel, time, money, cost etc.!
    It is the Solar Cooker which is the largest solar cooker in the world churning out 30,000 meals a day. The Gadhia Solar Cooker tirelessly serves its purpose except for the monsoon season which is approx. 3 moths.
    Now Gadhias are trying to develop a new solar cooking system for Institutional Cooking, which will work on hot oil and in which food can be fried and energy can be stored to cook at night when the sun is at rest.
    I hope you all enjoyed this bit of information as much as I did…

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Re: Peek-A-Boo in Tirupati Balaji’s Kitchen!!

Dear Mals,
    Thanks for sharing the information. It is a great achievement to cook food so fast through solar energy. The initial expenditure might be high.
    PS

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

9. nyeturi

nyeturi New IL'ite

Hi thx for posting.

10. prb16

prb16 New IL'ite

Alternate sources of energy are regular topics in the news channels and also in school projects. My children have to research on alternate sources of energy - one each year. Where does it go after this research? It is good to know that finally somewhere solar energy is put to good use. India has abundant sunlight and ofcourse solar energy should me made to full use. Hope this comes to common households also soon.

Regards,
    Priya