Miscellaneous

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by purnima_2k, Mar 22, 2006.

1. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Hi,

In the contruction of a new house, could any of you let me know the details of vastu? certain madatory/ideal locations for kids study table,kitchen, pooja etc?

Also ,i would like to know the individual opinions of people in this, cos this is one topic which always puts me in dilemma as to how much of vastu should be followed! i believe in it to some extent so dont want to ignore it altogether also!

Thanks in advance,
    Purnima

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2006

2. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2006
  3. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

HI Prathi

Thanks for the info prathi, seems to be useful...

Regards,
    Purnima

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Feng Shui to cleanse yr house

NB: Iwas taught this method by my cousin who is a reputed vastu Feng Shui consultant. The method below (which is also what I follow) is copy n paste from the net. Just want to be very integral in IL ---

rgds
    VR

Citrus absorbs negativity
    A good way to remove old or unpleasant energy from your house is to use an orange peel cure. The aroma of fresh oranges is very yang, and effective at removing negativity.

Buy new oranges specially for this cure, rather than using any you already have in the house. Make sure they are really fresh by scratching the peel with your fingernail; the aroma should be very strong and sharp.

1. Peel three fresh oranges, and tear each peel into nine pieces (for a total of 27 pieces), and place the pieces in a large bowl. Add about a cup of fresh (preferably filtered) water.
    2. Standing in the center of each room, dip your fingers in the orange-scented water and gently flick some of it in all directions. At the same time, visualize negative chi being dispersed from the space, and repeat the mantra om mani padme hum nine times.
    3. Then, take a piece of orange peel and break off little bits of it, scattering them all around the perimeter of each room.
    4. Leave the orange peel for 24 hours. The orange peels will absorb negative chi, which you can then easily sweep or vacuum up and throw away.
    If you have quite a bit of orange peel and water left in the bowl after step 3, do not discard it. Instead, place the bowl in the center of the house for 24 hours, until you pick up and discard the scattered orange peels.

•••
    INTENTION—As you prepare and use this cure, stay focused on your intention to remove negative energy from your home.

AFFIRMATION—When you are done, make a verbal affirmation to support your vision, such as: “All negative chi is now effectively removed from this space and can no longer affect me or my family.”

VISUALIZATION—As you flick the water around and scatter pieces of orange peel, visualize all negative energy being absorbed by peels. vacuum or sweep up them next day sweeping discarding energy.

5. MrignayniBansal

MrignayniBansal Senior IL'ite

Do you know "Shaligrams"

Hi all,

How are you doing?

* Shaligrams naturally found in Gandaki river of Nepal.

* In Hindu religion Shaligrams are worshiped in temples, monasteries and households all over the world, as visible natural symbols of Lord Maha Vishnu.

* Regular worship of shaligram gives untold merit todevotees Shaligram firmly believes that.

* Holy Shaligrams should be worshiped for spiritual blessings and merit, as they are the direct manifestation of Lord Maha Vishnu .

If you know more abiut shaligrams share with us.

6. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Re: Do you know "Shaligrams"

Hi Mrignayni,
    I am too interested in knowing about Shaligram. Thanks for opening this thread.

I do not have Shaligram in U.S. but I am planning to bring during my next visit to India. I have Santana Gopal Shaligram in India. My dad always says that we should do regular poojas to Shaligram. If we are not able to do pooja frequently, my dad told us to keep the Shaligram in a rice bag (special small bag with rice).

Shaligram