Miscellaneous Sweets

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Shakthi, Jun 3, 2005.

1. queenathome

queenathome New IL'ite

This Peppermint Crisp fridge tart recipe is very easy to make and is an old-time South African favorite.

1 can Caramel condensed milk
    500 ml Whipping cream
    1 Peppermint Crisp bar/or any mint chocolate bar
    1 packet Tennis biscuits (shortbread cookies)/coconut cookies

Method
    Beat the cream until stiff. Fold in the condensed milk. Layer the Tennis biscuits in a greased dish. Pour in the filling and grate the Pepermintcrisp over the filling.

Leave in fridge for 2 hours before serving.

1 person likes this.
  2. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Some more sweets...

Ghajeera:

Rava (Semolina) - 1 1/2 cups
    Sugar - 1 1/2 cups or 2 cups for more sweetness
    Maida - 1 cup
    Cooking soda (baking soda or soda salt) - a big pinch (optional)
    Oil for frying

Mix the above rava, sugar and maida with little water. the batter shud be thick without lumps, similar to vada batter so that we rae able to take a scoop and fry in oil. Leave this batter aside for 25 to 30 mins. While frying if u hav cooking soda mix it well in 1/4 teaspoon of water and add to the batter. again mix well and fry till golden brown.

taste after it coosl down else u may find it rubbery when it is hot. Quite easy and tasty.

3. tinasarolia

tinasarolia New IL'ite

hi all ladies,
    this is mouth watering sweet u will really enjoy it while eating
    so just try it ur kids will tell u to prepare till this recipie again and again
    6 marie biscuits
    4 tsp cocoa powder
    4 tsp powdered sugar
    2 tsp butter
    1 packet gems
    6 cashew nuts
    1)mix cocoa powder,butter, and sugar
    2)take this mixture and apply on biscuits
    3)place the gems as eyes and cashew nuts as smiley face
    4)keep in referigerator for 5minutes
    prepare this sweet and enjoying ur experience with me :bangcomp:

4. adrija

adrija Silver IL'ite

Re: Indian Sweets

hell0 everybody,
    i would tell about cornflour milk sweet which is easy & delicious.those who r interested can try it..healthy sweet with less ghee & more of milk ,good for chidren (who hate milk).

milk sweet
    -----------
    ingedrients..

milk - 4cups
    sugar - 2 cups
    cornflour - 1cup
    elaichi powder 1pinch
    kaju for garnishing.
    ghee - 2tablespoon.
    procedure-
    ---------
    boil 4 cups of milk in a bowl . add sugar and cornflour paste(made by mixing cornflour with little milk to avoid lumps while mixing in milk) simultaneosly.add elaichi, stir contineously until u get thick paste. remove from fire and add little ghee. pour this mixture in ghee applied plate. u get jelly like milk sweet pieces.try and enjoy.

from adrija.

5. kittypeeyush

kittypeeyush New IL'ite

I love cooking something new and different every time. I am from Delhi. After shifting to Muscat 6 years back I missed a lot of my favourite dishes, that time I started trying it and the result were very satisfying . My family and freinds encouraged me a lot.Every time my party is a great hit .I also won some prizesin cooking comp.I have lots of recipes to share with.Padma has asked for gazak .I am sending the recipe of til patti (chikki)
    Ingredients
    1/ cup til(sesame seeds)roasted lightly
    1/2 cup almonds and peanuts roasted slightly and crushed
    1/2cup jaggery
    1 teaspoon ghee
    Method
    take a microwave proof bowl and put ghee into it.heat on high for 1 min.add jaggery and heat on high for2-3 min or till bubbles appear .now add til and nuts into it and again heat on high for 2-3 minstirring in between. mix well.Grease your kitchen counter and spread the mix quickly. roll it with the help of rolling pin.cut it into squares. keep when cool in an air tight jar.
    regards
    KAVITA

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2007
  6. Navpreet

Navpreet Senior IL'ite

Hi adrija,i had tried ur receipe,it forms like jelly but it has excess amount of cornflour that is not good for health.Secondly,sugar amount shuld be reduced(i had used only 1 cup and result was good).Do you have any subsitute of cornflour for this receipe?if yes,pls do tell me.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2007
  7. adrija

adrija Silver IL'ite

substitution of corn flour with china grass

hi navpreet,
    its nice to here that u tried the milk sweet .u were asking substitution for cornflour. :goodidea: we can make jelly like milksweet even with chinagrass.we can get chinagrass in general stores. procedure for chinagrass milk sweet also called as blancmange.

ingredients:

3/4 ltr milk
    10 gms chinagrass, cut finely and soaked for 2 hours in a little water
    8 tbspns sugar
    1/4 tsp food colour(optional /prefered orange colour)
    2 tbsp vanilla essence
    almonds

methods:
    ------
    keep milk for boiling,remove from fire and add the soaked china grass. bring to a boil,stirring continuously.add sugar and co0ntinue stirring on a low flame till the mixture thickens.add colour (mixed in milk) ,vanilla essence,chopped almonds and cook for 2 minutes.pour the mixture into moulds and allow it to
    set.serve chilled,topped with chocolate sauce(optional)

8. Navpreet

Navpreet Senior IL'ite

Thx adrija,
    i will surely try it!

9. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I am forwarding my hit dish an all time favourite at my place and a constant demand for Diwali

All you need is:
    ! large packet Marie Biscuits
    I can of Milkmaid
    I cup Dessicated coconut
    1 TbspCocoa pd
    1 tsp Coffee pd

now grind the marie biscuits in a mixer and mix this powdered bicuits with 1/2 of the milkmaid . add cocoa and coffee pd. mix well in a dough and keep aside. Take the dessicated coconut and mix it with the other half of the milkmaid. Now you have two different coloured doughs in front of you . Take a portion of the brown dough and roll it with a rolling pin . Now take a portion of the white dough and keep it on the rolled out brown dough and roll the white dough to the same size as the brown dough . now once the doughs are spread roll them inwards , and put them in a butter paper and freeze it . Do it with the rest of the doughs. After about an hr, Remove from the freeze and cut it into thin slices and believe me you have a tasty hit dish that youll absolutely love.

feel free to write in incase of any clarifications

Regards,
    Devika

Have a great yummy Diwali!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  10. essvee

essvee New IL'ite

Re: cocoa rolls easy and tasty innovative sweet

hi devika

ur recipe looks really yummy.......will definitely try it out.....but tell me how long does this last and how is it supposed to be stored? is it supposed to be eaten cold?