1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Miscellaneous Gynic Issues and Queries

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by Varloo, Jun 27, 2006.

1. padija

padija Senior IL'ite

Re: ovulation test strips

hi sdevir

ovaluation tests are usually taken to know when the egg will be released, you have to take the test on the 12th day i.e you start counting the day you got your period as day one, so you take test on the 11th or 12th day. you usually ovalute on the 13th or 14th day, so taking the test on 11th or 12th day would be advised. though the egg will be alive for 24 hrs, the sperm can stay inside for almost 3 days, so you will have more chances to get pregenant if you do it on the 12th or 13th day.

i hope this helps. if you need more information on this you can check out pregnancycenter website.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2008
  2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Per my Fertility Physician, you are most likely to ovulate i.e. release your egg 24-36 hours after your OPK is positive. If ovulation occurs 36 hours after, you can have 2 days of +ve OPK. I generally start testing 3-4 days before and 3-4 days after my suspected ovulation date so that I can figure out which day the line was darkest.

Have intercourse the day after the test is positive but not on the day it is positive to maximize the chances of pregnancy. This is especially important if your husband has sperm issues. You want him to have a fresh sample the day of ovulation :)

You should not use first morning urine for OPK like you would for HPT. This is because the luteining hormone that the OPK is testing for is only created in your body around 3am and will not show up in the first morning urine. You should test between 11am and 2pm. Avoid drinking too many liquids between first morning urine and the test.

If you are in the USA, I order my LH strips online at the site below - you get 15 ovulation test strips and 5 pregnancy tests for 16.95, and this includes free shipping. The quality of the product is excellent!

Pregnancy and Ovulation Test Strip Value Pack #1

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  3. vani_sri

vani_sri New IL'ite

Re: Infertilty

Alternative medicines are the best treatment for Infertility
    If you are in India go for Siddha treatment in just 3 months you'll see results (it has worked for my friends who has pcos)
    If you are in US go for Accupuncture in 3 to 6 months you'll see the result ( it has worked for me)

4. latha kulkarni

latha kulkarni New IL'ite

Regular menstrual cycle but.....

Dear Friends

Right from my childhood (12 yrs) i have regular periods. I am 24 yrs old,married. Since last month , i am finding slight difference in my periods . The differennce is, the first day i just see drop of blood to toilet paper wen i use restroom. Even 2nd day , i see drop of blood. From 3rd day morning , it starts bleeding as usual for next 3 days. 4th and 5th day are ignorable. Last month i have taken pregnancy test after my periods. It was negative. Even this month, the first 2 days happened in same way.

Is it something bcz of over heat or symptom for upcoming periods ? The second day night my legs started aching.

Friends, please say me y this is happening. I don't use any contraceptive pills.

IS THIS NORMAL

please give replies. i am really worried.

5. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Regular menstrual cycle but.....

Hi,
    Best thing is please check with your gyn.
    Here we might give many reasons and might make you worry more.
    So please check with your gyn.

All the best.
    Punitha

6. umasridharan

umasridharan Senior IL'ite

ovarol L

Dear friends
    I'm using Ovarol L for the past two years. The gynec who suggested this tablets toled me that this is the safest contraceptive. I have pco also. So periods are very irregular even after my child birth. Because of Ovaral only I'm getting regular periods. But the pharmacist friend of mine says ovarol is not good for health. so he asked me to stop that.
    I'm in big confusion. pls help me. I'm not having any problems with that tablet.no side effects for me. What shall I do now?
    Regards
    uma

7. fragrance

fragrance New IL'ite

Re: Not helping

i have the same problem. had u any help at all

8. Ashi999

Ashi999 New IL'ite

IC and Cerclage

Hi

Has anyone got cerclage done at Bangalore?If yes please let me know the doc's reference.

Thanks
    Ashi

9. srijaaa

srijaaa New IL'ite

small breast

i am 27 yrs old but i have very very small breast.i feel more depressed.and more over i see upperlip hair thick and lenghthy.can anybody suggest any remedies or intake for rectifying the same.how to make breast grow in size.

10. Sdevir

Sdevir New IL'ite

Dear Sunikris, Padija & Pmahensa,

I really appreciate all your help. Thanks for the extra info pmahensa!! I always used to order the strips from the same site. But now a days i stopped ordering them as i'm kinda tired testing every month without any results. I just hope some miracle happens & i get pregnant. BTW sorry for the delayed response.
    Thanks again guys!!

Sdevir