Miscarriage -Topic forum

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by happyn25, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sorry about the miscarriage.
    In the early stages, medicines itself will do the job. But you need to take up a scan to confirm all the pregnancy related maters have left uterus..
    Do the process with experienced hand only. Take care.

2. Vasumathy

Sorry about the miscarriage.
    In the early stages, medicines itself will do the job. But you need to take up a scan to confirm all the pregnancy related maters have left uterus..
    Do the process with experienced hand only. Take care.

3. svaac

svaac Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

A small background about me, I am Vidhya aged 26. Married in Nov 2015 and actively TTC since then.
    I have both PCOS and hypothyroid since puberty. My periods have never been regular. Visited a doctor after 6 months of natural trying. After a scan and few blood work doctor reconfirmed my Poly cysts issue. I am on tablet for hypothyroid for 7 years now and she prescribed me tablets for PCOS. Apart from this i started regular walking and tried few home remedies for . I am not overweight but shed few pounds and by Dec 2015 I did get pregnant. However did a medical abortion because the baby's heart beat stopped at 13 weeks and there were abnormalities.

Pavidhamu likes this.
  4. svaac

svaac Silver IL'ite

Now I have few queries
    There are many suggestions given on trying again. Some ppl say give a break for TTC for 6 months some say 3 months. Some say you are most fertile after miscarriage so better try immediately. I have few friends who conceived immediately after miscarriage. What is the ideal break I should be giving before I start TTC again

5. svaac

svaac Silver IL'ite

I still have PCOS symptoms and after getting pregnant I have stopped the PCOS tablets. Now should I be starting it again.

6. svaac

svaac Silver IL'ite

My doctor wanted me to take HSG to check for tubal defects. I have already conceived once. So doesn't it mean i don't have any problems with my tubes. I am really scared of these tests.

7. svaac

svaac Silver IL'ite

Sorry for splitting the post into different messages. The system is not allowing me to post it as a single one.

8. Chulbuli04

Chulbuli04 Silver IL'ite

Hi SVAAC,

First of all sorry about the miscarriage.
    I was married on Nov 2013, was actively in TTC since then. I have mild PCO, mostly the periods are regular, but i was overwight. I was not treated for PCO's as such. We were naturally trying. Got conceived in Aug 2014. During my 9th week scan found out the baby dint have heartbeat and the sac was irregular and no growth after 6 weeks. So my Gynaec suggested to go for D&C. It was done in Oct 2014. It is generally said that we are very fertile after D&C. It is true also. I took rest for a month or 2. Don't remember. After that started trying. In Feb 2015 again got pregnant. Delivered my baby boy on Oct 2015.
    My suggestion is it better to go for D&C as the doctor clears out all the pregnancy related stuffs from uterus. Do this from an expert doctor. All the best. Lots of sticky baby dust to you.

9. svaac

svaac Silver IL'ite

Thanks Chulbuli for your reply.I had a D&C to remove the baby in march as my body did not expel the fetus naturally.Waiting for my AF to arrive after the D&C. Do you by any chance remember how long did it take for your AF to arrive after the D&C

10. Vasumathy

Vidhya,
    Sorry about your miscarriage. Hope your body regains strength much faster. Rest well, eat good.
    You might need to work on PCOS to get a fit body for next pregnancy. Reduce the carbohydrate intake.
    You should give your body enough time before the next pregnancy. I will 3 months will do. Your Uterus need to return to normalcy before the next attempt. Hope your doc suggested on the next TTC try. IF not, have a word with your doc too. They might know your body well.
    Take care.