1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mirage Moment - Happy and Sad..That's Life!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Deepali_deepali, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

It’s 8.45 pm ,I am sitting alone in a room, wearing any woman’s dream dress and waiting. I am holding my heart. Everybody is outside on the reception, trying hard to have his glimpse. Even I can’t hold myself to see a glimpse of lifetime. I try for it but failed, anyways , I have to wait.. Never mind.

Suddenly, my cousins and other close relatives arrive as a flood in my room. Everybody looks at me with a sarcastic smile, my cousins capture my snap in their mobile . After sometime they again move out of the room. I am waiting and thinking about all what I did to be at this place and just after 30 minutes, my sister and cousin come and ask me to freshen up. I feel some nervousness and my legs shake. I go to washroom, look at the mirror and still can’t believe , I’m here. From this point of time, I think I am not in my senses or my mind is somewhere else. I do as I am told to.

I ask my sister, “ what’s the time? “. She replies it’s 1 am. My God 4 hrs have passed. Its very cold in the month of December. I am sitting on a wooden patta, watching the sacred fire in front of me. Still I can’t believe its happening to me. I look at my parents face, but can’t feel anything..Why???

Time is passing very fast. I think this is the last ritual done…Flowers are showered on us. We are asked to wait and we are taken to a room by my sisters and female cousins. I know, now we can rest here for sometime while my sis and cousins negotiate with him.
    My mother sits with me. I look at her and try to understand what she must be feeling right now. I am lost, I see her eyes filled with tears. I am disturbed. Suddenly some elderly lady comes and announces that its time to go. WHAT??? TIME TO GO ??? But I was thinking we’ll stay here for a while but then somebody tells me, that in their family they don’t wait.

I don’t know what’s happening to me. I feel my heart sagging and it is becoming heavy with each passing moment. They help me to stand. I can see everyone standing at the door. Suddenly the faces are changing. The ambience of the room has entirely changed. I can hear some sobs and now it is becoming hell hard for me to control, now when I am looking at my papa’s tear filled eyes. I reach to him and hug him as if this is the last time I/m doing this. Now , I can’t control myself. IT HAS HAPPENED TO ME. I see my brother’s face and he is trying hard to smile but in vain. He hugs me and says “ Take care Di.” , My DadiMa is crying literally and I turn to her fast and hug her as tight as I can. God, I am crying, crying a lot. I won’t be able to see her whenever I wish. Slowly turning to my sis and finally to my Mom, who is holding a glass of water for me. She asks me to drink it and I hug her as if I am trying to hide myself inside her. She is kissing me as if she has just given birth to me. My eyes ask question to her “ will I be the same for you and you will be same for me from now? “

I finally turn to him, the man whom I just got married with, ” My love, My Husband” and my heart asks will you be the same for me? And I see his tear filled eyes for me. And my heart says YES, HE WILL. I give my final look to my family and immediately get inside the car, for I can’t give them a second glance else I’ll break. My brother pushes the car ( it’s a ritual) and again I’m lost carrying my mom in my heart, sobbing.

2. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Deepali,

I loved the way you had narrated the sad and happy moments of a bride who enters the threshold of marriage. The title adds beauty to it.

3. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

the moments you have described is there alive still in all the married women for years to come....cherished moments and sadmoments all mixed up together....parents feeling happy that they have done their duty and at the same time feeling sad to send away their lovely daughter to a son-in-law whom they dont know much about before....

the brother's affection multiplies at that time.....thinking of all the moments he has fought for minor things with his sister....he regrets for having done that to his loving sister who is going to some other house forever...

the girl is thrilled for having got married just as everybody else does but only till the moment her mangalsutra (thali they call in south) falls in her neck....after that moment it is only fear of unknown relations, her future, her love and affection for her maternal house multiplies....she understands her mother;s feeling more than she ever had before...her father's every loving care and affection looms large in front of her heart....but she has to go ...she has to go....or she will be sent to her husbands house whether she wants or not...:hide:

action file replays when she sends her daughter the same way to her husband's house...

would it be the other way at any point of time in future times.....just imagineg. bonk:rotflwhen the bridegroom is sent to the brides house with all suitcases and other material things ....how will their feelings be....?

a good blog brings back memoriess of my moments similar to this

4. gayu_r

gayu_r Senior IL'ite

Hi Deepali,

I loved the way you have narrated on the special moment. I still remember how I felt after the knot and how I was feeling just before the moment. It indeed is so different unexpectedly. Liked the way you have observed and brought it out.

Cheers,
    Gayu

5. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

nice narration Deepali...brought back lot of memories...yeah life is a blend of all these moments...

6. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Hi Deepali,
    Marriage is moment of happiness and sad- real combination.We leave something behind and we gain something.
    Very nice post, could feel your feeling
    Jaya

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi deepali,

very well expressed..the emotions of a bride leaving her house for the first time..i am sure all women can relate to these feelings...:thumbsup:thumbsup

8. bebo

bebo New IL'ite

Hi Deepali,
    I loved the way you expressed the mixed emotion's, which we all go through during marriage.
    Monica

9. Anupamamurali

Anupamamurali New IL'ite

Hi Deepali,

U have very nicely narrated the emotions of the bride.
    Anu

10. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Dear Shradha,

Thanks for reading my post. I thought a lot about the title, something that holds both the sides of this situation and came up with this.