1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Miracles do happen!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by lizykunwar, Nov 6, 2009.

1. lizykunwar

lizykunwar Senior IL'ite

It was a breezy Friday evening; the sun had just set leaving red splashes all around. I was waiting for him in the balcony when a drop of water kissed my cheek, yes!! It was drizzling!! :)This was for the first time in Bangalore when I was about to feel the evening rain, that is much talked about. It was going to be a perfect romantic evening!!

I went in, decorated the table with new mats and napkins, placed the candles and left for kitchen. I was very excited to offer him such a romantic welcome!!

He could have entered the house any moment, so I was thinking of making something jiffy yet delicious. “He loves halwa but that wouldn’t do as he will ask for tea as well” “I think I can try pohe” “nope that he usually will have for the b’fast” “pakoras will be fine!!!” “but then I want to offer him a small treat, so it must be something special”

I saw packet of bread lying aside on the slab, Viola!! I was there!! I hastily started preparing bread kebabs for him. I poured oil in wok and started collecting ginger, chillies, onions and other ingredients. I was humming and thinking of the two b’ful months of our marriage, It is really really an interesting feeling!! You always want to cook something new for him; you always try to look the best, only his thoughts linger on your mind!!! :crazy

Suddenly I saw a bright yellow light above my head, I was bending down to get a knife, and I looked up to find it was fire in all its might in the small wok!! I took a large kitchen towel in the panic and tried to lift the wok from the stove, as water was too far away. Unfortunately the towel was on fire now…and….and .. I felt heat on my stomach!! Suddenly I dropped the wok and tried to run towards the tap as I was on fire!! Alas!! As I bent to open the tap fire started burning my chin and the heat was unbearable..hence I surrendered to fate…I was still struggling to open the knob when I heard a THUMP.

Here came my savior!! I felt a jet of water on my body when I came back to senses and found that situation was now under control. I saw him and started crying..A few seconds back I was struggling for life but at this moment, the first thing I told him was “ My face have burnt all over” .He gave me a tight hug and then only I realized that I had a narrow escape!!! :bowdown

I had bolted the door while decorating the table. So when he came back from work he heard I was screaming (well, I don’t remember I did that!!) he knocked the door repeatedly, got no response, broke in, lifted the bucked beside me and drenched me with LIFE!! After that I sat under the shower for some time to abate the pain, applied burnol, changed into comfortable clothes, examined reexamined and reexamined my face into mirror and then rushed to the nearest hospital St. Philomena’s.

The burning sensation was increasing more and more with every passing moment. I was crying and repeatedly thanking God for saving my life. They took me to the emergency ward applied some ointments, injected pain killers and reported 15% burns.

He was there with me all the time, his eyes wet, swollen and filled with love and thankfulness. I was shifted to a room, my upper part of the body covered in bandage. My right hand was also completely covered as it was all burnt. For those three days, he dint sleep for a moment. He was looking so shabby as he has not shaved neither brushed his hair!! We both were thankful that I was alive but we dint talk a word about it, once I tried to but he started crying…God is there and miracles do happen!!. :-D

2. deraj

deraj Platinum IL'ite

I was sitting in the edge of my seat while reading your post. Take care & yes you are correct GOD is there & miracles do happen.

May God bless you both.

3. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear
    Miracles do happen. Iam so so happy nothing happened to you and you are safe. Your DH was with you always, so what more do you want.
    Please be carefull and take care of yourself.
    Jaya

4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

I don’t know how to put my words, God’s love for us is beyond words and he always rescue us from adverse situations esp. when we least think of it. Hope you are doing good now, and please be more careful in kitchen.

5. PreethiArun66

PreethiArun66 Senior IL'ite

I can imagine the entire scenario and still feel the heat inside. Next time pleasae be more careful.

6. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Omg....I just could not read nor say anything to you. God has been with you all through.. Take care.

Hope you are well now and healed..

7. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Such a relief to hear that you are fine. I can imagine what must have gone through your DH. Please be careful next time and hope you are keeping well now. Take Care.

8. lizykunwar

lizykunwar Senior IL'ite

Thanks everybody your precious response!! By God's grace I am well healed and in high spirits now!! I have written this as I want everyone to be careful enough so that they dont spoil their romantic evenings in such a pathetic way!! :) Thanks a lot once again for your concerns :)

luv
    Lizy

9. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Yes, miracles do happen quite often. But the problem lies in identifying it. In this case your escape from fire though miraculous was not the real miracle. The love you two shared was the real miracle and because of that you were saved. The love that kept you thinking of your DH, the love that prevented him from sleeping for three days, remaining by your side... well those are miracles which we can't describe let alone explain.
    thanks for the nice blog.
    sridhar

10. Rama1966

Rama1966 Senior IL'ite

Amazing. Same thing happened to me but in a slightly different scenario. It was Karadaiyar Nonbu. My husband, father in law and son were at that very moment in Sabari Hills doing Abishegam for Ayyappan. At home in Singapore, I tied the charadu im my neck and bent to tie it for Goddess Gayathri. The oil lamp flame caught on my sari and it was a new sari and it started to burn. In a minute I was surrounded by fire. My MIL and maid were stunned and screaming. I took out the sari but by the time I took off the sari there was nop more sari. I applied medicine and went to the hospital and was treated with 15% burns. This happened on a Friday morning, Karadaiyar Nonbu when my husband was doing Abishegam for Ayyappan in Sabari hills. Some call it Deiva Kutram. I call it miracle as God did save me and it could have been much worse. Yes God is great!!!