Miracle, an unexpected event............give me your opinion and experience

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Vrindavipul, Mar 16, 2010.

1. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

@Indu Wow It sure is a miraculous escape. Cant imagine how your dad and you guys would have felt at that moment

2. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

Two incidents come to mind:

1) I was married for two months and me and husband were in Netherlands on an onsite. Two weeks after reaching amsterdam, I discovered that i was pregnant. I was down with terrible vomitting and nausea and i had to be hospitalized for almost two straight weeks- no one to help, young couple absolutely no clue. Amsterdam is a place where very few ppl spoke english and we being new to the place had no friends. At the end of a month of suffering, i decided to go back to india-but my husband could not accompany me as he had his job.

We were initially skeptical if i could travel alone- but things were bad and i did not want to stay there anymore. So we decided to take the risk.
    I had to fly from amsterdam to frankfurt and then from there to chennai. I was terrified to travel alone as I was not sure about my health.
    After check in, i sat at the gate waiting for boarding when i felt dizzy and i almost fell down. A lady came to my side and helped me up. She was indian and had three boys. Incidentally, she was travelling through the same route and same flights. And she was a keralite too! She said that she was on board a merchant navy ship with her husband , but due to some change in plans -she had to cut short her trip and return to india via amsterdam.
    I think that god sent her to take care of me :) The whole trip, she was right beside me. Also, during the entire trip-i never vomitted even once. (I was vomitting continously even the morning before boarding).

2) this is also pregnancy related :) I was 4 weeks pregnant with my second kid. Me and my mom went to chottanikara for magam thozhal (it is the most famous festival of chottankiara devi).It was VERY crowded and there were scores of women waiting in the queue. After almost 2 hours of waiting,i was exhausted. Seeing my condition, my mom decided not to take a risk and we decided to leave without darshan.

We got out of the queue and i looked at the mast of the temple and said in my mind, 'oh bhagawati, i m so sad i could not meet you on your special day.Today i am too tired. Sorry'. As soon as i turned, i saw a distant relative of my mom walking towards us.

He had recognized my mom and was waving to her and walking to her. He turned out to be the treasurer of the temple trust! He took us straight to a separate entrance-we went in through the side door and within 2 minutes, i was standing in front of the devi's idol !Since we were in a separate area, no one pushed us-and i took my time and prayed to my heart's fill. I had tears flowing when i was praying. :) The distant relative later told us that he usually does not go out during this time ,but he got a call from one of the officers about some visitor who had come to meet him , but when he went there- there was no one. So he was on his way back when he saw us!!

Thyagarajan, tuffyshri and Saisakthi like this.
  3. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

awesom dad who loved his daughter till eternity ...

1 person likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I enjoyed reading the entire thread and it is evident that for those who prayed in faith, Almighty in som form lends His hand of succour. A Guardian Angel appear in most unimaginable moment to help the faithful. The extra ordinary OMNISCIENT waiting just for a call as one in Gajendran rescued by Vishnu.
    I had personally experienced atleast half a dozen times saved and survived from imminent danger or the one just approaching me . I had narrated in my blogs here such miracles.

5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

@Vrindavipul

Miracles far and few between but for those steadfast in their faith to the Lord or Mother Mari or any other religion God , the hand that lend succour always visible. Instead of hand, Lord may depute one of his deputies who could be animal or human being or a spider. I have about half a dozen narrations in IL where lives were saved under trying circumstances or even missing precious items restored.

In link below you find the man was saved in a way that one can never fathom.

Tight Schedule- Spouse, Rat & 'craft

Last edited: Mar 16, 2024