1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Mint leaves during winter

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Goodwill, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Goodwill

Goodwill Senior IL'ite

Hello ILites,

How do you all manage to get/use mint leaves during winter months.

I live in the North-East and used to get them regularly during summer. Now being winter, I get them very rarely. This week I managed to get a big bunch. Is there a way to store them, as a sauce or paste (atleast for the next 2 months)....so that I can use them in future for biryanis, pulaos etc...

Thanks!

2. MGee

MGee New IL'ite

Hi Goodwill,

You can buy dried mint leaves in indian store.. u cant use that like fresh ones but it will give nice flavor for briyani and pulao .. i use to buy that when fresh leaves not available.

Hope this helps

3. Goodwill

Goodwill Senior IL'ite

Thanks MGee... I thought dried mint leaves wouldn't be good....(they look like dried neem leaves in my local grocery store).... How do you use them in biryanis/pulaos....

4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

You can puree the leaves and then freeze them in an ice cube tray, bag and store in freezer. Last summer I made mint coriander chutney and froze that in containers.