1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mind set of a woman

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kanaka, Feb 27, 2008.

1. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

I always wonder will ever the mind set of a woman change? An online programme on dowry autrocity is worth mentioning. I must confess behind all these social menace there exist a woman. So it is woman versus woman in different avatar

Recently I heard of a case where the would-be daughter-in law seems to be holding a good job. Assuming that alliance would click the would be mother- in law is already in search of 'FLAT for INVESTMENT'. The Great! Mother-in-law concerned, herself is Chartered Accountant. Enna prayojanam. Paddippu oru moolaile irrikkum. Pandavum pattu sareerium vela peshum!.

Iam told for the bride seeing occasion the close relatives of the boy were decked in gold. Must be a message "This is our minimum requirement. Anything beyond ths is "Perva illai. Onga ponnukku ningal kudukkaral. Evallavu sheithalum englukku seri than" Long live Indian marriages! kanakaBig LaughBig LaughBig LaughBig Laugh

2. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Dear Kanaka,

I completely agree with you that a woman's enemy is a woman atleast on the domestic front...otherwise how else can a DIL or MIL suffer at the hand of the other. If any family says that they are suffereing because of the male member in the family...then i am sure they can overcome this if all the ladies in the family come together and fight against them unitedly.

MIL forget that they too were DIL once and if they were meted with an indifferent treatment...they shouldn't carry on that saga but treat their DIL well and vice versa.

Warm regards
    Roopa.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Kanaka,

Women are their own enemies. my FIL always quips, that it is only two women who make life in a joint family miserable,than the gents..and also there are very few examples of males making it miserable.

let us take the example of my own mil. she had a very bad treatment in the hands of her mil. she vouched to my husband, that she will be the mother to his wife..before his marriage...but the MIL factor did rear its head lot of times......(though i did not have any harassment in any form....dowry or anything. )

I hope at least our generation changes. I would like to treat my DIL and SIL as i would like my son and daughter to be treated.

4. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

hi Kanaka,

i totally agree with you it happens everywhere.

warm wishes,

aqua.

5. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

well said shanthi.
    At least the future generation should change..............

I think it is changing for good...............

6. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

kanaka ,

good topic.

Hope the future generation begins a change ..........

prabha

7. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Dear kanaka,

V truly said.

I remember what our own IL member Chocolate had written in one of the threads:
    If the MIL has a gud relation with the DIL then the daughter of the house sees to it that it is spoiled and it is back to square one.

Such a deep statement.She has put into words what many girls are suffering but not able to explain to the world.

suji

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

very true kanaka,
    after all what the parent do for their daughter is for their daughter and many places we will find that the mil will not want her dil to be different from her daughters like vaira thodu and all that this brings about a complex and unnecessary fights as if we are better off kind, so parents when they seek alliance should always see to it that the groom is not too well off or too low, better to handle u c..sunkan