1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mind and our beloved Moon.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, May 14, 2008.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

dear friends,
    You all know that moon and our mind are interconnected.
    They also say that moon controls the mind in astrology...
    They say waves on the oceans rise higher than usual during the full-moon days and new-moon days...

Looking at all these information, I noticed a similar pattern in our house too...
    Brewing up starts before these daysRant. I will go and check the calendar and surprised to see those FM days and NM days will be just round the corner.Big Laugh
    As the FM day is nearing the brewing has already started and nowadays we are ready to deal with it...

PS: It will be between me and my teenage daughers or my mil....or it might take turns..I can promise one thing that I don't start these brewing but I will be the last one to finish it off ( having the last word means victorious, isn't it)Big Laugh

sriniketan

2. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Hi Bhargavi

That's interesting, never realized the connection.I will wait for the next brewing up and let you know if there is a connection!

3. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Srini,

Youre very right. I never knew about this connection till I went to my Mamas house and one day witnessed my Mami screaming at my Mama.I looked at my cousins who seemed very unaffected and said this was routine during the FM and NM days. I thought that they were joking until my mama echoed the same words.
    Tides yes I have seen it but amazing how the mind is controlled with this phenomenon !
    Congratulations on you winning with the last statements!Big Laugh

Love,
    Devika

4. krish22

krish22 Senior IL'ite

Hi Srini,

You are so true.And I read somewhere that it is scientifically proven too.
    It is becaause women usually get their periods near to either FM or NM days. And it is so obvious that their harmones act crazy at that time resulting the brewing..

When I start some argument with my DH he says let me see the calender whether it is amaavaasya/punnami?I end up with a smile.

Anyway congrats on winning hahahaha...

5. krish22

krish22 Senior IL'ite

I forgot to add one more point.

In vedaas too there is written that Moon had born from the "manas" which is equivalent to mind.May be this logic is more reasonable I guess.

6. Venonimiss

Venonimiss Bronze IL'ite

Yes, I agree that there is connection between women and the moon. The moon's cycle and women's menstrual cycle have same number of days. And it is interesting that Moon, Month, and Menses all are from same word.

I read somewhere that the light and new phase of moon represents ovulation and birth; whereas the dark phase and no moon means death or menstruation (death of the ovum/uterine lining scientifically - that is the discharge that we all know). So with the waxing and waning of the moon, the menstrual period of a women changes - changing her hormones and moods too.

And that goes same to Moon and Earth too. Earth's oceans have tides and ebbs based on moon's cycles. No wonder why they call Earth - a woman from ancient times.

But I have yet to see that effect in my life. All one has to do is stop/look/feel and listen. And I bet in no time we discover that we are not too apart from nature.

7. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hi Srini,

I have also heard and read about this and experienced it too. There is also another aspect called Chandrashtamam or moon in eight house. Whenever the moon passes through one's eight house, then small mental imbalances or fights or arguments take place.

8. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi
    I was not aware of this at all.. very interesting for me.. what is FM and NM?
    I might want to note in the calendar.. In my home I do all the brewing start to end.. dh and ds are very nice that way.. somehow they put up with me.. If they happen to hear this MOON story I might get into trouble:)Drowning

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  9. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

I agree with you Srini and have found this to be true as well.

In fact one teacher at my son's old day care once remarked that she has to exercise extra patience during FM days as kids tend to get aggressive and moody.

I guess if we check the calendar ahead of time and mark these days then may be many temper tantrums and arguments could be avoided? :)
    SS

10. vinoran

vinoran Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mrs.Sriniketen,

Very intersting information. I have heard about this. My question is whether this affects men also to the same extent which affects women.

Please let me know anybody can clarify this

Thanks
    Best regards
    Vinoran