Mills & Boon Romance books...

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, May 18, 2008.

Which of the following is your favorite genre in Mills & Boon Romance books?

1. Historical

12 vote(s)
    21.8%
  2. Modern

25 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Intrigue

5 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Corporate

5 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Medical

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  6. Others

5 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Poll for May18th 2008 to May 24th 2008

No one can deny the fact about reading Mills & Boon romance novels in their school and college days. You hate it, love it, find it boring or interesting, irritating or intriguing, you must have read a few Mills & Boon Novels.

This week poll topic is about your favorite genre in Mills & Boon Romance books.

• Historical ones with story spun around chauvinistic knights, impetuous heiresses, unconventional ladies. How can one forget the cliched Knight in Shining Armour rescuing the damsel in distress.
    • Set in Modern background of luxurious villas and farm houses and Private Islands.
    • Intrigue themes where murder and mystery is combined with love and romance.
    • Romance set in Corporate world where power and love interfere with each other.
    • Romance set with medical emergency room and hospitals as backdrop.
    Of course there are other typical styles like hate story turned into love story, rich girl in love with a poor boy and so many.

Let us know your comments on the poll topic.

Last edited: May 18, 2008

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Laxmi
    I am a great fan of M&B books ya read them a lot in my teens and even today if I eye one will read it even today. I usually love to read all of them as they are all love stories.
    But since you have asked to choose so Mordern and Corporate
    next is Historical and Intrigue
    and last is medical

3. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Laxmi,

Before I could pen down a few lines about this poll, I was lost in thoughts..I became a member of a small library in kodambakkam , chennai when i was in my 6th std. Until now I am a member of this library & I visit whenever i go for my vacation. I used to pick books of my choice depending on my current taste..My all time favorite is tin tin comics and jug head's double digest..Just felt like sharing..

Like you have mentioned I have read a lots of these M & B collections..Any book I picked I read it no matter whatever the subject was. But my vote goes to medical and modern.

Thanks for taking me to the good old days..Bow.

4. mullai

mullai Senior IL'ite

hi laxmi,
    like sharadha says ,this has brought some nostalgic memories about M&B's,yes i too remember easwari lending library and of course still a member of RAVI RAJ t.nagar and luckily we have a good one here in ABUDHABI where i still get to read MILLS AND BOONS .i vote for modern themes!
    mullai

5. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi laxmi,
    good poll!!!
    M&B is an all time favourite for me!!!there is always one of them in my bookshelf apart from my other favourite authors!!!
    my vote is for modern!!!!
    regards
    pavi

6. prb16

prb16 New IL'ite

its been ages since i read m&b, would love to read them even now.....my vote is for historical and modern, although i would read any book.

Regards,
    Priya

7. janaki25

janaki25 Senior IL'ite

It has been quite a while since I read Mills and Boons.My fav genre was definitely corporate.

I dont remember reading a lot of M&B but I was a big fan of Agatha Christie as well as PG Wodehouse.

8. yenetishashi

yenetishashi Senior IL'ite

hi,
    my vote is for modern..,m&b.

9. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Laxmi, I used to read those romantic books before but now I don't get much English books here ... I should get some when I go to chennai ... Let me vote here for Modern Mills and Boon books .. Regards, Suni... :)

10. surabhishan

surabhishan New IL'ite

Hi LaxmiNice Poll.i like the stories which are witty and there is war of wills between our hero and heroine!.The woman in stories got to have mind of there own. Damsel in distress stories dont interest me."Big macho handling babies" kind of stuff is also good.Stories set in Far away places are great escape.Sanchi