1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Milk consumption quantity in ml by 2.7 yrs old

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by harun, Aug 27, 2011.

1. harun

harun Senior IL'ite

my son is 2.7 yrs old.i give him full cream milk (added little water while boiling)twice once he gets up in the morning (approx 125 ml) & before bed (approx 125 ml)with Horlicks.So totally comes to only 250 ml .Lunch i give him little curd rice as well.
    Weekly thrice he has cornflakes as breakfast.
    Is his milk quauntity fine ,do i need to increase it ,if so can i start evening him in the evening around 5.30 pm also milk.Presently he has fresh juice or any other light snack.

2. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

My son is 2 yrs old and his Ped said that at this age 16-20 ounces is more than enough. More than that is not good. He also said all the calcium need not be from milk...For eg...If he has only 10 ounces of milk then compensate with yogurt or cheese or other foods rich in calcium...

So if you think your DS is getting enough from other sources other than milk then you need not worry...BTW. how is his eating??? If he eats good, then I wouldn't give him more milk!!!!

BTW, my DS has about 8-12 ounces of milk and 1 cup of yogurt (about 4-6 ounces)..

Hope this helps!

3. harun

harun Senior IL'ite

Frankly speaking i want to understand how important is milk in the toddlers diet.If he misses a meal,whther milk is a good substitute to that ?

4. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Milk is definitely not a substitute for a meal. If it is once a while then I guess it's o.k...If it's an everyday issue then I guess you need to address this with your Ped.

DS is getting molars ( 3 of them at the same time!!!) and has been getting them little by little for the past 2 months...So when he is in pain he refuses to eat. He then substitutes his meals by milk!!! But i's not everyday...I would say he has been doing that once every 12-15 days...

Hope this helps!!