1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Milk allergy

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Sashmitaa, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Sashmitaa

Sashmitaa Senior IL'ite

Hi friends

One of my friends son has milk allergy. He got rashes immediately if he takes milk or milk contents(curd,cheese). Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks
    Lakshmi

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi lakshmi,

Hope your friend has taken her son to the Pediatrician. They will definitely prescribe some medication to be taken. Also in our grocery stores, we get Lactaid ( milk ) or Soy milk , your friend's son can try that. of course please get the okay from the doc first. The other alternatives are almond milk, rice milk etc.. which we get in health food stores like Whole Foods etc..

Vandhana

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  3. Sashmitaa

Sashmitaa Senior IL'ite

Hi Vandana

Thanks for ur reply. Soymilk doent suits him so his mom is trying rice milk. But my doubt is when will his body accepts cow milk? Is this curable?
    regards
    Lakshmi

4. kasisheela

kasisheela Silver IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,
    I had milk allergy problem when i was born.There is no particular reason for this.In my case what doctors told were my Mother's blood group was RH Negative and if a person with this group gets a child with positive blood group will be born with some problem.Hence in my case i was B Positive and my problem was milk allergy.I was given only soya milk.
    But, dont worry it will be fine as the child grows up everything will be fine.Your friend's son can take all milk products may be after one year or so.Do tell ur friend that it is not at all a big problem.

Regards,
    Shantha Kasi/: