1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Mild Hormonal Imbalance, Please Don't Ignore

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by SRMB, Jan 16, 2020.

1. SRMB

SRMB Senior IL'ite

Hello All,
    I'm exhibiting some signs of mild hormonal imbalance. My periods are regular (there is pain on first day), skin is clear, body is also slim and fit. The doctor says I do not have PCOD. However, I have upper lip and chin growth that I need to pluck once in a week atleast, have some hair thinning in the front, and breast cyst in right breast that goes away during each period cycle.
    I discussed this issue with one than one doctor, and everyone told me that I am fine. The doctor who checked the breast cyst and told me to cut down caffeine (which I have not done). Other than this, they say I am completely healthy.
    I still feel there is some hormonal imbalance, and want to try some home remedies. Has anyone else experienced this? Any tips (fenugreek etc) to help?
    I am 30 years old, and a vegetarian. I do eat healthy and avoid junk food. Lifestyle is also active. I have no other issues. There is no history of PCOD in my bloodline. Thank you.

2. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

Only upperlip hair and male-patterened thinning, does not tell that it is PCOD

But if you plan on having kids, have them sooner than later.

Also, since you believe you have some hormonal imbalance. You can try some herbal supplements etc. And even more healthier/ different way of eating.

3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Have you tested for DHT, DHEAs and any other hormones?
    Or did the doctor just checked your physical appearance and determined it’s not PCOD?

There is something called atypical PCOS which need not show all symptoms like cysts on ovaries.

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Get a second opinion.