1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Milaku Kozhambu and Paruppu Thuvaiyal

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Jul 11, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sujatha,

I am so ill-equipped at cooking that my wife will not even trust me with making hotwater. I am happy that you liked the narration about the karakam artist in the midst of accountants.

I think your 15th anniversary is due anytime now. Why don't you choose Kodaikkanal again?
    regards,

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear TDU,
    I am very happy that Kodai has kindled nostalgic memories in you too. Very nice to read about your NCC camp at Kodai. Kaalangalil Aval Vasantham has also been my favourite. But whenever I start singing the song in my wife's hearing, she will be so touched and moved by that, that she will drop whatever she is doing, come running towards me almost gasping for breath and then in quick motion shut my mouth with her hands. The reason: she also loves that song. How is that?
    TN Seshagopalan has been favourite for a while. He used to be very handsome and girls were swarming on him wherever he went. At one time I felt jealous of him and wanted to learn music if not for anything at least for the women-rasikas. But two classes down the line I learnt the most important lesson in life, that if I sing, no woman (and no man) would come a mile near me. Then I quit singing permanently. ("For quitting the world of singing, you deserve a Kalaimamani" is my wife's favourite line)
    My wife and her mother studied in St.Josephs Convent. In those days people who lived South of Madurai went to convent and those who lived north went to OCPM. My sister went to OCPM.

Thanks for kindling my nostalgic memories.
    regards,

1 person likes this.