1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mil Warning After Watching Horoscope Predictions On Tv

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Stardust1990, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Stardust1990

Stardust1990 Senior IL'ite

Dear indusladies,
    My mother in law holds very formal and minimal conversations with me. She doesn't call me often and chat although we don't have any issues. Today my husband is out for a day on a business trip and my MIL called me and said she was watching horoscopes predictions on TV and there were some foretelling about my welfare.I am 6 months pregnant and don't feel comfortable hearing such negativity. I got deeply upset as I felt she was being so insensitive in calling someone when they r alone pregnant and saying such negative things with no background. I got super anxious , confused and angry after this call. Am I over reacting or was she being insensitive

2. chasingdreams

chasingdreams Bronze IL'ite

OP,

May be your MIL was just worried after watching the TV program and thought will caution you so that you can be careful. Give her the benefit of doubt.Like you said you don't need negativity around you.so don't hold on to negative emotions. Enjoy your pregnancy.

Dishaa and Lalithambigai like this.
  3. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

She might have got upset after watching program and would’ve have called you because she might’ve felt helpless... Had it been any of your friends also, they would’ve done the same.... MILs are least negative towards their DILs during pregnancy... They try to be on their best behaviour effortlessly during DILs pregnancy, so no way she would’ve told this to show negativity... she is trying to be overprotective and definitely not insensitive...
    Have a safe and a happy pregnancy :blush::blush:

Lalithambigai likes this.
  4. Sani12

Sani12 Bronze IL'ite

I feel She has your best interests at heart. She is just warning you and letting you know in advance to not do anything important and to be careful about the day. You are lucky she doesn't stay with you , otherwise imagine how much stressed you would be !! When it comes to in laws, the golden rule is - suno sabki, karo apni. So just listen to her things from one ear and push it out of the other ear.

5. mimi77

mimi77 Gold IL'ite

Did she try to scare you with the negative thoughts? Then she is insensitive.....If she only tried to Caution you against any danger then she is being protective...... During pregnancy try to be positive and happy always......Best wishes

6. Stardust1990

Stardust1990 Senior IL'ite

Hello mimi77, I am really unsure about her intensions.. I find it very silly now. She watches daily horoscope predictions based on rasi and apparently that particular was really really good as per predictions ( I watched it later out of curiosity) I was kinda baffled on why she would say something like that out of no where. I don't wanna confront her.. And if I do she is gonna point out the previous day predictions..I found this to be very negative and annoying especially since I was alone on that particular day as my husband was on a business trip

7. mimi77

mimi77 Gold IL'ite

dont try to discuss the matter further with her.....Sometimes ignoring is the best....And engage yourself with positive people around read books abd listen to good music.....create a happy environment around you for yourself and the baby growing inside you ......Never be fearful of anything .....Be positive .....God bless you

Dishaa likes this.