1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mil Used To Call On Whatts App But Never Bother To Call Via Phone

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by milaani, Nov 1, 2016.

1. milaani

milaani New IL'ite

Hi ladies

I am living abroad from last month with hubby.My MIL is living in India.About her introduction :-she is very rude,cunning,partial and very self-centric lady.how much i told you about her that would be less.I like to prefer not to talk much except few occasions Because she created lot of misunderstandings between me and my husband in the past.She even call me when i was offline and told everyone that I am not picking her call.She even told my mom and my hubby that she don't know why i did not pick her call.Her behavior irritates a lot. I told her many time & even hubby also that not to call on whatts app when the matter of communication is important and other person can not attend the call when offline.But she never follow and again calling on my whatts app every other day.for example if i have talked her yesterday via phone she will call today on whatts app.So what is the matter that arises in 1 day.please suggest any advice to tackle such MIL.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016

2. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

sometimes return her call on whatsapp or send her whatsapp message asking if anything is important/you are in meeting/you didnt listen to ring/will call you tomorrow(only not to call).....

sindmani likes this.
  3. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Are you going to live abroad long term/short term? if short term do you have to go back and live with her in the same house again? then you can't ignore her much. If so just answer/or call later with simple we all fine, talk to you later.

If you don't need to live with her, ignore and call her weekly once with a fixed timings. like sunday mornings. make Hubby and kids part of that conversation, but you initiate give to others and end the call by telling hello, how are you and end it with call you next week.

4. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

Some people do not understand that when you are offline you cannot receive the call through whatsapp. Maybe she thinks the whatsapp calls work the same way as regular phone calls. You can try explaining this to her. Or she thinks you are available online all the time? Before you go offline, drop a whatsapp message to your husband and MIL mentioning you cannot take WA calls for a short while.

sindmani likes this.
  5. milaani

milaani New IL'ite

Dear @Sparkle :-I have already explained many times that when iam offline i can not receive calls.2nd thing i have already explained tha iam not online all the time.Still she keep on calling me again and again.

sindmani likes this.
  6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Ask her to call on your phone if she needs anything urgent. And ask your husband to explain how Whatsapp works to her. Otherwise ignore. She knows how to reach you. What is there to talk everyday anyway?

sindmani likes this.
  7. sunshine1970

sunshine1970 Gold IL'ite

I would just ignore what she says about it to friends and family, she is trying to get a rise out of you. Continue to call her on your normal phone. Better yet sign out of what sup citing too much internet charges.

sindmani likes this.
  8. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

Hello Milaani,
    Some really really really do not understand the difference between using WA and regular calls, howsoever we explain to them. If she understands and does this, she is doing it on purpose.
    Simply drop a message before going offline. Not only to her, also to your husband and to your mom. You have done your part. If she still calls, just remind her that you dropped a message already. If you do this multiple times, she will stop bothering you soon. She is going to bug you more, the more you pay attention to her behaviour.

sindmani and gok like this.
  9. milaani

milaani New IL'ite

Dear @Sparkle :-I know she is doing it for a purpose.She want to know much more things about our livings and more whether i found a job or not that she can't always ask when i called via phone.

Sparkle likes this.
  10. Chocolatey

Chocolatey Gold IL'ite

Hi Milaani.. If your MIL is doing this just to annoy you then do like this.. Whenever you see her missed call in watsapp, you too make a call even though she is offline. Then when you talk, you first start telling her that you saw her missed call and called her back, but she didn't pick up. Do this every time. She will stop it eventually.

Sparkle, Amica and Lakshmi6197 like this.