1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MIL trying to get sympathy from DH by doing over work & involving my personals too..

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Reesha, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

Hi,

i got a new problem with MIL. i reached my DH home with 5 months baby. i have 1 cook + 1 maid. as usual i am busy with my baby works & not at all getting time to manage my personal works too like eating & bath on proper timings. but it's not problem now.

already in past i abused by MIL during my first trimester. so i knew that she don't have good opinion on me from her heart. but again she starts her acting in front of her sons(DH) which creates a image that she is adjusting a lot for her DILs sake & trying to create image that she is doing lot of service for her DIL & DIL child. DH knows that, i dont like to stay with them. but he said, they came for him because he is their SON. but not for me & my child service. hear i have doubt. if they really want to stay with his son, they can stay with lonely son(DH) when i am not hear for past 10 months. but they didn't. when they know my arrival date, they reached sons home just before 1 month. so they trying to create a opinion to all others that they came for DIL.

ok, i dont care her initially because i rejected her service already. but slowly she is involving too much in works of cook & maid. always she is murmuring about cook & maid works with loud voice but not with any one. even she murmuring herself, every one in house able to hear it clearly. already once my cook & maid decided to stop from work because of her. but on my request they are continuing. now MIL is getting involved in their works like cutting vegetables, cleaning works & ordering them even though they know very well..

for example, if i assigned work to cook already for that day, again she involves in cook works & making her confusion by telling do like that, do like this so on...

intially i left that decision making chance to her(MIL) only by telling that "atthaamma, order cook what you want for that day. no need my suggestions in this case.". but again she asked me that, tell to her what you want...like this 1 week continued.

so i took chance of ordering cook because they felt inconvenience with MIL. now if i ordered, again MIL changing those or trying to move those cooking works according to her. In same way she is doing with maid also. she agains cleans dining tables & washbasins even though it is just cleaned by maid.

Coming to second part, she is involving in my food & baby works too. she always suggesting me that like you can eat that & this when i am not interested. take your bath & baby bath when i am not interested. i knew my baby position whether he is hungry or sleepy or fussy. so i will take decisions according to that. but she don't cares those. when baby is sleepy, i am trying to sooth baby. but she took baby forcefully from my hands & trying to make him play. so he cries more which screws my mind.

like that she is tailor basically. so she stitched 3 dresses with cheap silk material which is very hot to baby. so i dont like to wear to my baby. but she took the baby & tried to wear those. his body is sweating in that dress. i opposed her in this case. but she don't cares.

I explained my problem to DH. but he is saying like, she is doing lot of service to you & our baby with good mind even you rejected. they are adjusting in such a way that, they want to help us. so that is her greatness. so you need to show kind nature as a debtor towards her. i know them ver well because they are my parents.

hear i dont like to take their(MIL) help. even though i am rejecting, they are doing over action in house hold works & getting sympathy of son. now DH is caring MIL work only & seeing me like lazy girl who dont involve in house hold works too much.but he dont cares about my work levels with baby. if i rejects her offerings which i don't like in my personals like food & bath timings, he is seeing me as bad DIL who rejects his mother always. finally it is creating distance between me & my DH. he is building up a wall in between us with bad girl image which is created by MIL over action.because of baby works, night times i am unable to spend with DH as well as not able to care his works like in earlier. he had little bit disappointment about that too. so we seems to moving far away from each other. i am too loosing interest on him because he don't like to think of my problems but his parents only. i am like..:drowning

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014

2. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

Re: MIL trying to get sympathy from DH by doing over work & involving my personals t

Just take a chill pill and try to enjoy time with your LO. All these will pass but the infant stage of your LO won't come back. Try to be super happy and make others feel jealous:exactly:

3. Anamika99

Anamika99 Gold IL'ite

Re: MIL trying to get sympathy from DH by doing over work & involving my personals t

1) Talk to your DH casually... "I m so glad we have so much help that mom does not have to stress her self. Cook is nice, maid is good too. I hope to hold onto them at-least till mom is here. That way she stays free of all the mundane work and time with grand child"
    present this scenarion in multiple way - it conveys u care about MIL (who cares even if you do not but show it off Harhar )

2) Tell ur MIL privately that she is doing a great job handling ur cook n maid and u r learning from MIL (hello no but hey still say it ... :biggrin2:) so tell her to handle it. Add that only one person will handle because cook n maid are trained to work with one person's instruction and they mess up otherwise. After that if MIL asks you to handle it - "Ok then i will ONLY handle, anyways u do not need to take a break and chill with grand child. An this way cook n maid won't get confused since only one person will be handling, great idea mom"

3) Have a talk with cook n maid too and tell them, that if they get two instructions, second person (and that would be your MIL :bonk ) to give instuction should be told by cook and maid that you MIL n DIL decide n give us one set of instructions and that is how we work.

4) Them doing over work and showing off - again show concern to ur DH and not complaint...."why does mom have to do this all, she will spoil her health over this. We have domestic help in the house. I am self sufficient as well, and if not i can push my self, why mom has to get all the stress. Please have her take rest. "