1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

mil takes my daughter away from me whenever she gets chance

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by janaka1, Oct 11, 2013.

1. arthimahalakshm

arthimahalakshm Gold IL'ite

either you also join with them and talk with your child in front of them.simply teach her the words. it should be like you are the interference bet ween them and child.
    or
    pamper yourself.go for sleep immediately after they take your child .with in 10 min your mil bring your child to break your sleep.

1 person likes this.
  2. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

I find it strange when one is snatching the baby from its own mother, because for me it was totally different experience altogether.
    When I came to my in laws home with my 3.5 months DD, I was taken aback and shocked because my MIL would never pick the baby even if she was literately crying, I would run from the terrace or bathroom or from where ever I am and rush towards my baby, this kind of behaviour irritated me so much that I have cried for several days, so when I read in laws snatching babies from mothers I really wonder do such people also exist.

3. anugamit

anugamit Platinum IL'ite

Yes, every MIL has different ways to torture their DIL.

1 person likes this.
  4. janaka1

janaka1 Silver IL'ite

thank you for your advice ladies.....i applied them as soon as i got them here...yesterday when my fil told addressing my dd 'enough on amma's lap, now come on to atha and others' and attempted to take her away I immediately moved away from his range with my dd and said 'she can stay in her amma's lap as long as she or amma feels right, that isn't any reason to take her away I guess..tell me u want to hold her and then take her' my fil was shocked to hear that and honestly i too was quite tensed as i never said like that before. But i didnt show that..my mil, hearing that from a distance came running and i looked away from both of them clutching my dd to me tightly. Mil said..'ok Kutti u be there in ur amma's lap only..others are bad people na..so..my hubby supported me at that time saying 'see how she chuckles in her mom's lap' and both my MIL and FIL were visibly irritated and moved away. Since then till now 24 hrs passed and none of them have attempted to take her away from me though my FIL had come and played with her this morning along with me..my MIL did not do that also, may be her ego is hurt a lot..

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
    4 people like this.
  5. arthimahalakshm

arthimahalakshm Gold IL'ite

good thing janaka.it seems your fil understood your feelings and tried to erace it by playing with the kid in front of you.don't say anything to your mil as she is angry and in a mood that her tactics came out.talk as nothing happened.

1 person likes this.
  6. sweetypi

sweetypi Platinum IL'ite

Ouch ... I don't know your situation but I hope you didn't hurt well-meaning people ...

1 person likes this.
  7. ppriya182010

ppriya182010 Gold IL'ite

Way to go Janaka!

8. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

Perhaps, what you did is perfectly alright. If I may suggest, please send your in-laws to their own house. That might be better for all of you.

I have a question. Did you/your husband invite them to help you with your child or did they come by their own choice?

9. Janki75

Janki75 Bronze IL'ite

Be prepared Janaka though- they might try to get back at you also. She might try pulling the opposite and not care for your daughter and start the taunting infront of your DH saying - oh I want to hold you but your Amma will get mad etc trying to cause problems. Be prepared with a reply if this happens

10. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

What Tulip and Gurpreet suggested is sure to work... a win win situation..

As soon as your child is taken away start painting your nails and applying a pack... this irritates the MIL no end... she will immediately hand over the child to you..

Your child is always your child no matter what... I am a working woman and my MIL is taking care of my son since he was 3 months.... but nothing has changed between us.. In fact my son innocently opposes my MIL in case there is a rift at home and that leaves her furious... My FIL wanted to take my son to India during their regular visits without me... I was more than happy to let my son go with them...But MIL could not help visualising me and hubby heading to a movie hand in hand... and she declared a child is best left with the mother !!!