1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MIL starting to show her real colours

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by icyspicy, Apr 1, 2010.

1. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

I got a job!...its from saturday to thursday (for me only friday leave for hubby he has both friday and saturday leave)...9-6 all 6 days a week.....all of u told me tht makeing dough every 2 days is bad cos it will get discoloured...my MIL did the same thing for 1 week! only 1st 2 days she kept making the dough everyday and from the 3rd day she started using the same method like me....now since im working and not helping her during the lunch time i guess she she is irritated with it...she told me again tht she will not make the dough from now on and i should do it......i said ok!...i knoew this was gonna happen ...she herself dosent give fresh food when it some to her to work but she wants me to timely guve freshly made things to hubby...so should i still make the dough everyday ? or can i folloow what my MIL did now atleast?

2. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Congrats on your new job!!

What do you think???? Do what suits you the most.

Making dough everyday as per your need is an healthy way of cooking. Most of us here are working woman like you, but still we make or at least try to make healthy foods to ourselves and to our dear ones. It is your personal choice.

If you want to eat healthy, and give healthy foods to your DH, make dough daily. Otherwise make it one day and use the discoloured sour rotties. It is all upto you Icy.

Do not compare yourself with a 60 year old woman (i.e your MIL).

Good luck:thumbsup

3. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Congratulations! Good for you!

Oh for crying out loud. Just buy frozen ready made breads already, and simply heat them up on the stove top when dinner's ready. No fuss, no hassle, no discoloration. NO BIG DEAL!

4. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

Dear Icy,
    Congratulations!!

Here is what you should do...(since U cannot decide).
    • Make the dough every other day,put it in a nice tupperware container and use it.Don't use it over 48 hrs.
    • Also after you get your first salary ..get a food processor that makes dough...problem solved!!!!!
    Good Luck
    FL

5. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Is making the dough everyday that hard?!!:confused2:

6. shrikala

shrikala Senior IL'ite

Congrats Icy!!!

pour more water and make it into a dosa batter and make wheat dosa!!!

tell her you are tired and cannot make dough daily.

7. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Icy congrats for your new job :thumbsup, stick to it.
    Don't make any sudden changes in behaviour as you're yet to explore this new job.. remain on a friendly note with MIL.

Let her cry... u need to tolerate her for max 5-6 hrs in person.. problem resolved as of now... Dont mention your entire package to them.. unless you're sure that they'll leave atleast half salary to you.

If making dough is not a v big deal for you then make it everyday.. it barely takes 5 mins.. try to remain at peace with her.. in return you're getting 10 hrs of total peace - 8am to 7 pm... travel time + office hrs.

8. icyspicy

icyspicy Senior IL'ite

thanks for ur wishes....i need some tips on how to manage house work after returning bak sincei have work then also...she puts lots of dishes to wash for me to do...i need some tips please

9. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Is it possible to hire a new maid with additional salary of yours?
    If not then make it clear to everyone at home that you need to rest from 15- 30 mins after coming back & then only with start with any work.

Before leaving office take some fruits/ snacks in office so that you dont reach home hungry.

You need to be hydrated and in energy to share some part of household work once you return from office.. .if you really cant hire anyone.

10. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Congrats on your new job. All the best.

Can you make dough every night and store in a tupperware container (like FL said) and use that for the next day? not beyond the next day.

Many working women cut veggies for next day's cooking and store it away in air-tight containers (I use tupperware) and use them for cooking the next morning (before leaving to work).. I was given this idea by many many women.. and it has made my life much better.. I also grate coconut and use for 2 days, strain coconut milk (I buy it sometimes) the previous night, make ginger garlic every weekend and store it well to use for the week.. or just buy ginger+garlic paste and store in fridge and use it for as long as it does not discolour, I even cut Onions and tomotoes the prev night and use it the next morning if I know I will not have enough time.. I know some people boil potatoes and store it in fridge for next day's use.. I havent done it yet.. so for cutting veggies for the next day, it will not take more than 30 mins. and thats the last thing I do before hitting the bed. Most importantly, dont think sharing household after coming back home is a big deal.. yes, it is a big deal but never feel that way.. even if you were living with your DH alone, you will have to do this so take it in the right spirit.. dont slog in the kitchen.. bring the veggies and the cutting tray to the dining and watch/ hear TV, music while cutting veggies.. enjoy what you are doing..

Like Shilpa said, after coming back from work, go to room, relax for 10 mins and freshen up, change dress, come out with a smile. drink some juice or just water and then help for dinner or anything that your MIL is working on.. after dinner, decide what you want to cook the next day and get the veggies cut and store them away.. Relax with DH, have a talk with him on how each other's day was.. then retire for the day.. this is JMO.