1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MIL- SIL stories (SIL= son-in-law)

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sdiva20, Dec 8, 2012.

1. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

We have all heard/ experienced numerous stories of mostly bad but also some very good relationship between DIL's and MIL's. While such stories are plenty, its not only the women that have a MIL. Most men also have a MIL :)

So lets hear the other side of the story- What are some good, bad, funny, indifferent etc. relationships that you have seen exist between son-in-laws and their MIL? How do men feel/ deal with this very important person in their life who gave them such a loving wife?

1 person likes this.

2. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

So 57 views and no comments??? My God- has it been MIL- DIL, this thread would be overflowing:) So the men don't have anything to do with their MIL at all?

1 person likes this.
  3. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

men are good SILs I guess?!

4. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

5. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

oh God.....that poor guy :(

6. beanstalk

beanstalk Gold IL'ite

I can honestly say that my husband is an excellent son-in-law. He is extremely supportive of my siblings and my parents. I at times run out of patience, but he never does. My mom feels more comfortable calling him at weird hours and talking to him that she does to me. And he patiently answers and talks for hours even at 1 am at night. He is willing to support them financially, help my siblings settle professionally and he gives me and my parents support that they can stay with us in their older years. I am very nice to his parents which may encourage him some, but more importantly his support and respect for my parents encourages me way more to support his family. It would not be untrue, if I say that after 7 years, the initial attraction dies, but his attitude towards me, our family and my family has made me respect him more than even befre and made me fall in love with him all over again.
    I knew I loved him before, but now I cant live without him and will do anything, literally anything humanely possible for him. I thank my stars and god to have such a wonderful man in my life.

11 people like this.
  7. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

if my mom has to convey anything to my hubby she does it herslf. she tries to do it thru me, but then i wud invariably forget. and then she has to do it herslf in any case.

my hubby is very respectful of my parents. and when my mom and i have arguments, he takes me aside and 'advises' me not to speak 'like that' to mom. etc. lol.

4 people like this.
  8. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Very happy to know that. Cheers to happy MIL- SIL relationships.

My husband shares the same relationship my family like yours does. In fact, I have to hear from him that I have two MIL and he has two birth mothers. In fact, I trapped both of them recently- My mom is planning to come to US very soon and I was telling her again about his "MIL" comment and she was all happy/ coy, so I told her well I am not sure is she should stay long and she did not know why I said that as usually I fight for her to stay the maximum she can- and I said "well no one wants their MIL to stay with them for long and what if you become a mean MIL and trouble me and make me do all the housework :rotfl?"

My sister who is in college also will go to him with any problems/ advice rather than me at times. And if I and my husband fight, they always think I am the mean one fighting :(

1 person likes this.
  9. lukywife

lukywife Gold IL'ite

My husband shares a great relationship with my mom. I might be a bad dil. But he is a great son in law. He addresses my mother as "amma". My mom is a bubbly. sometimes he even asks my mom " You are becomining obese mom..You should change your lifestyle..". He cooks for my mom when she comes here. She is a great fan of his recepes. Once for her birthday he wrote poem and surprised her. Because I usually do that for my mom,mil,father and fil for special occassions.

2 people like this.
  10. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

That is so sweet- A man who can cook for his MIL is a true keeper :)

My husband calls my mom "amma" too and makes the perfect indian tea. Sadly the limits of his culinary skills are making waffles, french toasts (my mom's recipe) and tea :(

Oh and he pulls her leg too- my mom- for a person who does not do any make-up takes an awfully long time to get dressed. If we have to go out, everyone will be ready and waiting for her to be done. Finally, exasperated, he will call out "Amma we are not taking you to your prom:)" . Then she will coyly make a slow entrace down the stairs. That is usually the opportunity for me and my sister to cause some trouble by telling her "look he is making fun of you..." But if we tease her, he will always jump to her defence. My mom is very bubbly too :)

Lukywife- I am wondering if an alter ego of mine is posting in IL with user id- lukywife. The only reason I know that can't exactly be true is because even in that state, I cannot imagine my husband wipping out delicious meals in kitchen :)

1 person likes this.