1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MIL sending never hurt others forwards daily in whatsapp

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Love84, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Love84

Love84 Bronze IL'ite

My mother in law sends like a dozen forwards everyday about harsh words , never hurt others forwards in whatsapp and she is trying to make me feel guilty and she also asks me whether i received them. I dont know how to deal with such a person who wants to make other guilty. She is trying to project me like a harsh natured person and she is a good person.I feel really bad when i receive such forwards daily .How to deal with this.It may sound silly but everyday as i wakeup i see like 5 forwards on never to hurt others , be loving such forwards .It really pisses me off.why she is trying to make herself victim and be the great villain.

1 person likes this.

2. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Does she call you out on those whatsapp forwards?

If not, just treat them like any other forwarded message! But if you really feel guilt from all the forwards she is sending, you should perhaps introspect and see if you are really using harsh words!

2 people like this.
  3. docathome

docathome Gold IL'ite

Next time she asks you whether your u read the msgs tell her you don't enjoy getting forwards cos there are too many unnecessary msgs to read, so not to bother sending them hereafter..

2 people like this.
  4. nb25

nb25 Gold IL'ite

This seems passive aggressive on her part. Why can't she tell you if she didn't like something you said? Sending 5 forwards daily seems strange. Can you block her? Or just act nonchalant, and say - No, I haven't read it, there are so many messages, I don't get time to read. Or you could say - I read them, they were all about using harsh words, but I never do. But, I still enjoy reading those messages, saying one thing in such new and creative ways! Please keep sending them.

Does your DH know about it? What is his take?

3 people like this.
  5. DreamWorld

DreamWorld Silver IL'ite

On a funny side: Why don't you pick few of them from google and send the same "never hurt, love all" images to her?

@OP: Is something wrong between you and MIL? If not, I dont see a point in your MIL sending daily forward messages. Or at her age she might be genuinely receiving those and sending you the same. Think in that way.

Because my mom sends me and my sister atleast one Encouraging Quote everyday which she gets from her sisters/brothers or she picks from Google images.

4 people like this.
  6. gaze

gaze Bronze IL'ite

Is she creating these messages on her own daily?? if not, then why are you bothered. Just treat it like any other message and ignore.

7. abla

abla Gold IL'ite

Plan of action # 1 ) Flood her back with forwards in line of "Practice what you preach " .

# 2 ) Block her on whatsapp .

14 people like this.
  8. Grihani

Grihani Gold IL'ite

You can pick a lot of forwards that are preachy too, forward them back for every forward she sends.
    You will feel better.

4 people like this.
  9. nb25

nb25 Gold IL'ite

When you point one finger at some one, three others are pointing towards you....
    Never accuse others....
    Practice what you preach...
    Live and let live....

9 people like this.
  10. abla

abla Gold IL'ite

Nice collection :thumbsup

1 person likes this.