1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MIL returns home after 2 weeks, how to deal things?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by lolly, Dec 22, 2011.

1. lolly

lolly New IL'ite

Hi all,

My MIL returns from her daughters home after two weeks gap along with her most dearest grand daughter soon.

My problem is she will indirectly start complaining...like the house is a mess with my absence..why did you not do this and that...etc.

She will also behave as though she only has a grand daughter in the whole world and she is only the grand mother to a girl..Well I'm not jealous about it but it is a bit irritating as she boasts about her grand daughter comparing with my yet to be a year old kid( including my husband )

How to deal with this situation so that there is no major problem until her grand daughter goes back home?

2. shylanagraj

shylanagraj New IL'ite

Hi,
    you also praise the kid.we have to tackle some people like that.Have some patience.Then your mil will forget about other things and keep quite. you try this method atleast you will have piece of mind.

3. vidyarp

vidyarp Bronze IL'ite

Whats there to deal with?? I mean - u can try as hard as u like...she will still find faults. Look at it from their point of view - They are perfect and no one else except their daughters can come close to their level of perfection. You are a DIL - how can u be perfect?? So with that assumption - u are sure that she will turn up her nose in disapproval and shake her head in exasperation. So grin and bear and dont go out of the way to please her. Do what u feel is right.
    Best of luck