1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MIL initiate fight between me and hubby

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by laddukutty, Jun 23, 2011.

1. RajshreeAkku

RajshreeAkku Silver IL'ite

Very well said, Sindura.
    In fact even I used to break my head in the initial stage o fmarriage coz of my MIL creating scenes,,, and even when me and my husband fought for some reason.

But now I just let it go, whatever my MIL say, I dont care and I just think its NOT FOR ME.

And my hubby,,, I handle patiently, first I say sorry (thats what h e expects),, then I just explain him in detail as to what happened, and then he realizes whose fault it was. If it is his fault, he will hug me and say, Sorry, Simply i shout at u :kiss

So I have learnt how to handle my hubby.. :)

Handling MIL.... --- Anyone there??? :rotfl

Who cares????

She is sweet to me at times, and cares for me, but..... i dont know, somehow I dojnt like her.......

2. laddukutty

laddukutty New IL'ite

I tried several ways to solve this problem. but my hubby is blindly love her mother. even the fault is cause of her also, he dont mind. because she is elder, DIL should adjust MIL. thatz his thought. FIL dont mind anything. because he couldnt earn in his age. so MIL treat him like a slave. He never open his mouth on behalf of anybody, else she order.

3. arty2010

arty2010 Bronze IL'ite

Like other friends have suggested pls try to ignore what she says. Dont spend too much alone time with her or get talking to her. Some people use "bait" by acting nice and concerned to even get us started to get information from us and then use it against us. Dont speak about your family members at all and even if she asks limit your connversation. Also, try to control your temptation to debate with your husband in fromt of her. Fighting with husband in fromt of MIL is perfect environment for her to create more problems.
    Even if you are not able to control ur temper, try to act like a good wife n DIL. Everything will work out. Just work on your reactions and responses to such situations you will have more control over the situations.

4. laddukutty

laddukutty New IL'ite

plz tell me,Is this gud to allow MIL in our kitchen??? she always cricize my cooking method.. and if i left her alone in the kitchen. she tells everybody(relations) as she cooked that chatni. actually she dont want to help me, but want to show my husband she is working hardly in this age also. i want to know whether it is right to allow or not? plz tell me

5. juliana123

juliana123 New IL'ite

Hi Laddukutty,
    I relate to most of things to what you have written, i have been with my MIL only for a month, so I tried to keep my mouth shut, but am not sure if we return to our home country how things are going to turn up ??
    It is always better to recognize the situation and somewhat expect what is coming up next and ignore the insults, my spouse and me do not easily get into arguments, mainly it is because of the family members.
    By the way I like your funny username.