1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

mil and sil getting on my nerves

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by quincyagain, Feb 2, 2010.

1. quincyagain

quincyagain Junior IL'ite

This is kind of repost, to know how to handle these kind of sil and mil.

I wanted to discuss something and get all ur opinions. first my background, married(love) for 10yrs and have come across all ups and downs as in usual marriages now in US. 2 kids and a full time working mom with a travelling husband. mil(step) and fil has comeover to help me with the new born one, i am back to work now.

coming to my issue, happened a couple of days ago but still disturbs me a lot, couldn't concentrate on anything, iam getting really mad with my kids(even with the new one). I do my best after coming from work, take care of both the kids, help to do the homework, feed the kids put them to sleep, cleaning dishes, no time for myself hurrily eat dinner, pack leftovers for next day lunch and to get back to kids, same in the morning-send kid to school and hurry to work. It is me doing literally everything, no help from hubby as he is out of town!!!. Never had any appreciation from hubby who knows my struggle. mil cooks for lunch and takes care of the baby in my absence. I am very thankful mil is here and helping me out.

I overheard a phone conversation between my mil and sil(step), yes you heard me right i overheard[​IMG]. sil accusing me(using some bad words) that i am not cooking dinner. mil as she was in my home couldn;t accuse me as others were in front of her. Hearing this i was very upset and told my husband, do you all know wht reaction from him, he just screamed at me saying it is a very bad habit to overhear and accused me for everything. I know what i did was wrong , but it was out of curiosity because once by accident i heard them bad mouthing on me and this time i did it on purpose as i know sil have a very bad mouth, always talks behind me but v.very nice when she talks to me, same way is her mom. After hearing this i cann't eat anything from my own home. when i complained to hubby and he bashing me back, mil heard it and was asking whts the problem even if she understood she will act smart.
    now all i want to know from you friends is how to react to this situation, i am trying to maintain my temper but couldn;t. how to interact with these cheap people? shd i confess to my mil that i overheard???

2. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

hey.. You should not worry about words that have not been addressed to you. It is like a mail addressed to somebody else.

3. riyagan

riyagan Gold IL'ite

all you have to do is just ignore the situation and forget..overhearing is bad... ps dont do it.will become a habbit and create havoc in relationships.. every person has to have their privacy ...how wud u hav felt if u come to know that some one over hear your phone convs... obviously ur mil shared few things to ur sil who she felt comfortable with which she cant share it with u or ur hubby... i know what she did sounds somewhat 'bitchy' doin things at back. But she has no other choice.. she is far away from her home and doesnt feel comfy telling what she wants directly to u. your hubby said the right thing about over hearing... other than that talk to him about sharing household chores.. PLS dont overhear. we are not telling the junk we hav about others in our mind around..what wud happen if all of us do so... ther wont be any relationship exist at all...i dont tell u to bear with her...bt just ignore her talks.

4. sowmyaraman81

sowmyaraman81 Gold IL'ite

Hey Dear..,

IGNORE,IGNORE,IGNORE......Please dont get disturbd by her words......try to flush the entire episode....