1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MIL and SIL from HELL!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by tulipzz, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

I hope the OP of "Is marriage important" read this statement , to see even educated women are causing problems in others life.....and its not always educated men...

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  2. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

I lived in India for 2 yrs before moving to London. I have the control in London. (except for DHs mood swings after talkign to her)

Ear piercing thing: can you imagine this? When DD was 11-12 months old, MIL offered to watch the baby while we went out shopping. Nice :) I knew they were upto somehting...She and SIL suddenly felt it was high time ear piercing was done, they called the piercing-guy home and tried to do it. DD was crying uncontrolably...so FIL asked them to postpone the plan. It didnt happen. But the thing is, we were not even told !!

and the mistake i've been unknowingly making was to give power to her words. She is such an influence on DH that sometimes she IS powerful. She once told me 'I can brainwash him into doing anything I want him to do'. She has full control over her family all the time. Finances, relatives, children, investments, everything. FIL doesnt say a word. She is perhaps very insecure about this sudden loss of control over DH...

3. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Are you kidding? How can they do that when you are not at home with the little baby? At least she should talk to you and never ever do anything without your permission or supervision to the baby. Is she a DICTATOR or what? I wonder how the poor FIL must have lived his life with such lady

4. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

WOAH!!! :eek:mg:
    Talk about crossing the line! I would have been extremely pissed!

I would have kicked my mil and her stupid daughter out of my house so fast, they wouldn't even know what planet they were on. That is so unacceptable. Some people are really clueless.

What did your husband say about that? I hope you told them that in the future, they need to ASK before doing something like that to DD!

Glad you are in London. Hopefully you are never put in the position of living around them again.

5. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Fights and arguments - she listens to them by default. Blame it on volume or anything.

Even normal conversations, she is upto date on things.

One I caught her red-handed listening to our phone conversation. (I was at my moms place since I was kicked out by MIL. DH and I were talking on the phone. There was something that she didnt agree and she made the mistake of talking on the go. DH simply said 'mom please put the phone down'...from then on, I call only on DHs mobile whenever he is there. DH never asked her why she had to do that) . Once during our arguement, I was conscious of someone at the bedroom door. I opened it suddenly and MIL was around. She said she came to check if the balcony door was closed. At 1 inthe night???

6. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

VERY VERY BAD, she should not do this deliberately. Listening to calls that is too much

It happened with me once we were in India and I was having argument with my wife, door was closed and I opened suddenly , saw my mother trying to listen to the conversation. I was pissed so much . I have told my mother, directly and indirectly many times that is a very bad habit. May be due to the fight she became curious, but in any case it is not good. But another thing is if there is someone in home and two people are fighting, it is natural to some extent to pay attention and not just sit indifferent as if nothing is happening. Sometimes timely intervention is also good in domestic violence.....But otherwise one cannot be intruding...

7. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Whatever !!! I am extremely worried about my upcoming India trip. Dh will be there for a week and I know, she will create a distance of 1000 miles between us in that time. She smartly kicked me out of the house with some silly reason so that she can have DH alone with her. Absolutely favourable environment for brainwashing...

I am desp waiting for SIL to get married. Every coin has 2 sides!! I want to see how she handles her inlaws and esp how my MIL handles them. SIL and MIL just want a faithful rich doggie for a daamad. Hope they get one!!

And talkign about 'rich' , MIL thinks they are richer than most of their relatives. I dont care. She spends money like water. I dont care. Her money her wish. BUT, DH and I work hard for what we get. She is never happy with our gifts. On one mothers day, I suggested we surprise her with a silk saree. DH and I bought her one with INR 3500. She was NOT happy !! I saw the disappointment on her face...
    Also, she told DH to give SIL 25k on her bday... by all means 25k is a lot of money. In my family, we give such amounts for weddings etc. (this 25k apart from the gifts she wants from UK)

I dont care how much money she has or what she does with it. But when it comes to gifts, I believe, its upon the giver. and I have no clue how this gets into her head.

...................and DH just nodded and transferred the amount to SIL...without telling me a word about it !!

8. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

I do understand largely you have problems from MIL . I see one issue, that since so much has happened you will be always cautious and worrying she is going to brainwash your DH, even if it is not happening or happening to lesser extent, you would be constantly doubting and feeling insecure. Take care of that thing...

Regarding SIL and MIL wanting rich doggie. That doggie will not wag to their tune

9. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

OMG! When I read about problems here, my problems seem so small. Some MILs are devils!! Mine is better than soem here, but she gives enough CRAP. She shouts only once in a while....(rest of the time, she injects poison into DH and he does the shouting for her)...

I dont understand this: Isnt it basic common sense that DH will be unhappy if I am hurt and sad? Not that I want them to think DH loves me and all, but if 2 ppl are living under 1 roof, if 1 is sad because she is not treated well, how can the other be happy? Can you see your room mate unhappy????

Also, I am as educated as DH, I have a career and I am no way inferior to him. My parents treat DH with a lot of respect. They dont interfere in our matters at all. My mom gives suggestions, but we are always free to take or leave them. I DONT UNDERSTAND what makes inlaws feel DIL is inferior. Infact my SIL has severe inferiority complex. MIL tries a lot to cover it up my talking crap about me, making me cry etc. The SIL b**** also had the guts to crack jokes at me. I took it for 2 yrs, and once, when I returned a joke to her (SIL), it became such a big issue!! Whoa!! Talk about being nasty people!! I told MIL clearly that day that if SIL is not prepared to hear such things, she should not be saying them to me! :thumbsup

I have a 2yr old baby girl and MIL once told me that even the baby will grow up to be under her control like DH...WTF???? Hello !!! We plan to have another child in 2-3 yrs from now. If at all, I have a boy, I am SURE i'll let him live his life. I have no reason to ruin his life for the sake of my ego... MIL doesnt get it. She loves DH a lot. When will she understand that by making my life miserable, she is spoiling our relationship because that will surely create differences between DH and me! and that DH will also suffer??? :bonk

I was headover heels in love with DH. Infact, I call my Inlaws 'Mom and Dad'. Because, that is what I intended them to be for me. I never treated them any differently from my parents. I must admit that I lost that 'feeling' I had for DH. We are fine, but the spark is gone. If we fight 10 times a month, 9 times its because of my MIL.... After moving to London, MILs interference has drastically reduced. BUT, cant say. May be I am over causious. I perhaps need somemore time to convince myself that MIL-control days are over.

I dont mind if they visit us and I'll be ok to let her take some control for those 15-20 days in return for letting me live my life for the rest of the year. (DH is such a different person when his mom is around! He can do anything to please her. Jerk)

Peace.

10. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

tulipzz.. wow
    I guess ur MIL + SIL = twin copy of my MIL + SIL for a lot of nonsense mentioned here. The list was awesome collection of my plight as well.

The only difference SIL got married off way beyond our marriage but literally in her mother's house since time immemorial.
    Dont worry such ppl barely change... if they're rude and wild enough to show right place to every relation [As per their definition] they come across they know how to isolate their husbands from HIS family and still remain in their mother's house with a husband wagging his tail.

When someone (DIL) tries to show such people their place, these very people get their own dosage and turn in ferocious BULLDOGs... so dont have hopes for a situational change.
    I really loved each and every post of yours and the way you vent out :rotfl, I might not have been able to gather those words.

A little while ago there was a poster here who had innumerable micro mgmt issues with her bro's wife and was rude enough to not to entertain other poster's perspective that dint match hers.. I really wonder if people can turn rude and wild on forums how far can they go for relations which they think shud be under their control :bonk. So I guess there are enough ladies of such type.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010