Migrating to Australia - resources and information

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by lahari, Nov 26, 2006.

Best gift for a new born and new mom

Poll closed Nov 19, 2010.
  1. Gift vouchers

66.7%
  2. Nappies for babies, flowers for mom

4.2%
  3. Clothing for new born, Bio-oil for stretch marks for mom

8.3%
  4. Baby name personalised photo frams, fleece, jacket

12.5%
  5. Pampering and Spa Gift vouchers for new mom to relax

8.3%
  6. Anything else please send on reply post

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Re: Need help regarding australian visa

Welcome Brindhaa,

All the best for your Visa.

Regards,

Corallux

2. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Re: Visiting Melbourne

HI Shine,

for good accommodations pls visit: Wotif.com: Australia Hotels, Accommodation, Motels .

Shine, Melb has the Motorshow starting from 29th of March 2008.Then we will be having the Grand Prix. Accommodations will be very difficult to get.

If you do not find anything good on the above website, you can contact the hotel booking counter as soon as you land & they can help you with accommodation suited to your budget.

I do not know if anyone can give PG accommodation for 10 days. You could try visiting the same website I mentioned above.

It is very difficult to say whew you want to settle down as It would depend on your job.

SE suburbs are fantastic. As for good schools: Pls visit truelocal.com.au/Schools for state schools according to the suburb you live in.

Kidspot.com.au for Private schools

Hope this helps.

For more info, pls refer to the other threads in this forum

Regards,

Corallux

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  3. sky98

sky98 New IL'ite

Re: Visiting Melbourne

Hi Shine
    I would agree with Coarllux, in saying that accomodation are difficult at this time of the year. If you are looking at paying guest, (though it might be impossible for just 10 days), try Real Estate, Property, Land and Homes for Sale, lease and rent - realestate.com.au and try short term accomodation, or shared accomodation. When I moved from Sydney to Melb, i searched for service apts and then decided on one, try to google search for service aparments in melbourne, some good and budget ones are
    punt hill apartments
    aston apartments
    quest apartments
    Sorry i dont remember other names, just try googling.

As for settling down, it depends, on your hubs work place, whether or not you guys will have a car soon etc. South eastern suburbs are known for their good schools and residential living.

Hope this helps
    Cheers
    Sky98

4. sky98

sky98 New IL'ite

Hi Brinda
    Coralux is correct in saying that getting a PR makes your stay here permanent and makes it easier to change jobs if needed.
    Bt coralux, i think applying for citizenship requires you stay for continuous 2 years, unless they have changed the rules recently. Because, we just got our citizenship after completion of 2 years and along with other formalities.
    My hub has been in teh banking industry here, (on the IT side), and i gather form him that Banks usually go by reference for job offers. Talk to some one of the same profession, if you can and see if they have any leads here. That might make it easier.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers
    Sky98

5. sky98

sky98 New IL'ite

Re: Is There Anyone Migrated From Dubai To Australia

Brinda
    I didnt migrate form dubai, but from Singapore. I found that applying for PR yourself is the easiest way. Its straight forward and also works out cheaper. All you need is to go through the Department of Immigration and Citizenship and read it very carefully, then decide on the category of PR you are applying for. The website gives you details of all needed docs, procedure and check lists.
    I sent all these docs from Singapore and did all the required tests(police check, medical and english test) and bingo we got the PR after 8 months. Of course, I do agree that talking to some one that has done it before helps. In singapore, things are very structured and straight foward and so it was very easy for me. I am notsure about Dubai.
    Wouldnt hurt to check the website and look under skilled migration PR category.
    All the best
    Cheers
    Sky98

6. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

HI Sky98,

Thanks for your post.

The rules have now changed. Citizenship now takes 4 (four) years of continuous stay in Oz (unless you have left OZ for a specific reason & can back it up with good proof). You also have to now sit for a citizenship test.

I agree with Sky when she says she got her citizenship after 2 years. I did too. The rules have now changed.

Regards,

Corallux

7. ksmanand

ksmanand New IL'ite

Hi

Sorry for the delay reply..I could not able to login for the past 3 days..Thanks for all of ur immediate response..Those informations are very much helpful..Normally how long will it take to recieve our visa and PR? And I'm sorry I could not understand what is that PM? Where should I PM for you if I need further details..Thanks a lot for all of ur help..

Rohini

8. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

HI Rohini,

PM is Private Message.

All you have to do is go to the Private Msg link just below where it states: welcome....

Click on it & follow the prompts. PM is used when people feel they have questions they feel akward to ask on public forum.

Hope this helps,

Corallux

9. ksmanand

ksmanand New IL'ite

Hi Corallux,

Thanks for all ur help and advice. Let me check the procedure for applying visa and PR and I'll let u know if I need any further help.

Rohini

10. simrah

simrah New IL'ite

Assistance required in the field of Medical education

Hai IL is there any from melbourne who is doing medicine there??????? not masters bachelors degree. I have some queris is ther any one who can help me?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2008