1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

midyear enrollment in elementary school (2nd grade)- Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Indians in Pittsburgh' started by Jayadhi, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Jayadhi

Jayadhi Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

We are moving to Pittsburgh in last week of december . My son is studying second std (CBSE) here, in india. I would like to know the process for enrollment for my son in Pittsburgh. I have checked the website of the school district where we are going to stay, but, no use. What are the documents they will ask for from the school where he is studying now..

I have heard about submitting immunization record during the admission process. Is there any prescribed format for that? Is that fine if I get it from a general physician here or Do I need to get it there only?

One more thing, We have a family function in december middle. Hence, it is not possible for him to attend school for a week. Then, third week, we will be busy in vacating the house, purchase, packing...so many works. Is that ok if I get his TC from the school in november end itself? It means, he will be having one month break for december as we will be doing admission process in jan,2015 only.

Please clarify.

My son is very excited about the shifting, is there anything else I should tell him as part of preparation to live/attending school there?

Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Jayadhi.