Midwife / doula in Bangalore?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by just_sonal, Jul 30, 2009.

1. just_sonal

just_sonal New IL'ite

I'm considering hiring a midwife for labor support but I'm not sure if there are any in Bangalore. From what I've read, presence of a midwife during delivery can be very useful and calming. I plan to deliver in a hospital, but I also want to have a midwife alongside.

Does anyone know how I can reach one in Bangalore? I've already checked out whatever Google throws up about Birth India and Bangalore Birth Network, but am yet to find a phone number/email that is answered.

Cheers,
    Sonal

2. dubbi

dubbi Bronze IL'ite

HI

Can you PM me your email. I can try to get somebody from Bangalore to respond. There is also a midwife in Hyd who would be willing to travel to Bangalore if you like.

If you are unable to PM , send me a mail, info available in Directory under CHildbirth Class in Chennai

Deepa
    Childbirth Educator

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  3. just_sonal

just_sonal New IL'ite

Thanks Deepa,

I'm unable to PM from IL just yet, but I've just sent you an email.

Sonal

P.S. I visited your website yesterday and found it quite professional and reassuring. :thumbsup

4. Spanik

Spanik New IL'ite

Hi Deepa,

Wanted to know if you would know of any midwife who would be available to come to Bangalore in 2nd week on December 2012?

Regrads,
    Niky

5. Keerthigr

Keerthigr New IL'ite

Could you please share your contact detail. I am looking for a doula service for after pregnancy care too. Some help would be highly appreciated.