Microsoft Technologies(ASP.NET, C#,VB.NET)

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Madhu1, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Madhu1

Madhu1 New IL'ite

Hi All,

I would like to get acquainted with the women working as .Net Developer in the U.S.

I am looking for the opening as Web Developer using Microsoft Technologies.

2. Kodavati

Kodavati Senior IL'ite

Hi Madhu,

Even i am searching for a Dot Net job and i would also like to have some suggestions as to how to move forward.

Kodavati

3. .netdeveloper

.netdeveloper New IL'ite

Hi all,

Eeven I am looking for a dot net job and would liek to meet more women working in this field in US to get suggestions from them.

4. leelal

leelal Bronze IL'ite

Friends,

dotnetnuke is an open developer forum in .dotnet applications. U can be part of the team to contribute so that you stay in touch with the technologies. Parallely you may also get visibility so that you can atrract new projects.

If any of you are willing to work on dotnet projects for a shortwhile using dotnetnuke cms, pls PM me or let me know. We have few requirements in this space. we can mutually be benefecial.

5. chla1978

chla1978 New IL'ite

I had initially worked on ASP.Net and C#.Net projects as a developer Computer Typing and now am leading projects involving J2EE technologies offlate as MI doesnt have much openings for DOT NET skills (except for a handful in Ford and BCN).

I have heard from my friends in CA, NY and DC that requirements for Dot net skills are more than that for J2EE.

Good luck in your job search! :thumbsup

6. virajkiraah

virajkiraah New IL'ite

.Net C# jobs are hard to come by in some locales. Also they expect experienced developers when it comes to .NET related jobs. I accidentally landed in a .NET position because they were looking for programmers desperately and I started to learn every thing on the job here.

With microsoft's marketing of their SOA architecture to major firms, the demand for .Net programmers has risen over the past couple of years. So if you do the certifications that others above have suggested and some pet web development projects on the side, you can land yourself a good gig. Try the consultant route too, looking up jobs that are 6 month to a year contracts. Lots of web developers are consultants.

Plus get yourself familar with features from the new versions such as LINQ, silverlight, etc

That's my 2 cents.

7. Madhu1

Madhu1 New IL'ite

Thank You everyone for your valuable suggestions. Would you please let me know what kind of projects to start with and most commonly used concepts to develop the Projects. I wanted to start a small project with complete architecture. Anyone please help me with it.

Regards,

Madhu

8. sundari77

sundari77 Senior IL'ite

Hi

Those who are working in .net which version you are working in. iam working in old 1.1 version still in india but heard in US they are asking for 3.5 version. is that true.. is it easy to learn 3.5?. please put some light in that thought...

9. waitingForTej

waitingForTej Senior IL'ite

For web development, I would say start with Silverlight. There's more demand and less supply. Google for it and you will find lots of tutorials. Then write some cool animation projects that you can demo during an interview to impress your interviewees.

10. sundari77

sundari77 Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies

Iam planning to write 70-536 MCP exams anybody want to join me.. we will form a group and study and share our thoughs