1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Metti Oli....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by aishu22, Dec 3, 2007.

1. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sriniketan,
    Thanks for the reply.Since metti worn in feet goes through lot of wear n tear.Dunt be surprised that i have changed 3 Metti's within a span of 1 1/2 years of marriage....

2. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Padma,
    Thanks for ur reply.So Metti oli was of great help to you n ur sis i see that :)kool i too preserve the metti i wore on my wedding day though it has worn out!

3. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Revathy,
    Thanks for ur reply. Indeed you are right! All these ornaments bring grace and divinity to a woman :).

4. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Gajalakshmi,
    Thanks for ur reply. So....you were a ex metti liker :).Good to know that!

5. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Neesha,
    Thanks for ur reply.Good to know that you like Metti.Haa.. so you wore them on ur fingers ...Yes, in our weddings its called "SAPTHA PATHI" its a sanskrit word which marks the occassion of Husband gliding the Metti in the wife's toes.
    I too beleive that its not good to wear Gold below ur hip region, so better choose! Good luck for the search of pretty metti's to adorn ur feet :)

6. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

Nice thread..I used to wear finger rings in my toe at times before marriage..though i wear only a plain metti , it gives a good sound when i walk around the house..i dont like to wear anklets at home,so i feel happy when my metti does that job..

7. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Maha,
    Thanks for ur reply.I did the exact samething before wedding....Yah even i feel good wen metti does make sound :)

8. krish22

krish22 Senior IL'ite

Hi ,

I have n't tried them before my wedding as my mother n grand mother wore them aand told me after marriage only girls can wear the mettelu and black beads.
    Since 6 years I am waering them on my toes and in llast vaction my mom brought me new ones.Now I wanted dto take it off as they are pinching me when I wore socks n shoes.But I don't want to take it off.Tha's why I stopped wearing shoes and feeling very cold these days.

9. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi aishu, and everybody,
    nice thread
    metti indeed gives a gud look to ur legs apart from the said rituals it is also believed that the nerves from the uterus ends in the toe where we wear the metti thats what i heard from my grandmothers and aunts so its supposed to be gud for the womens health as well!!!!you get nice designer ones's these days but they look great when they are new after frequent wash with water they change colour!!!but its definitely worth buying them for keeping up our tradition. it gives us a sense of pride!!!!!!
    love
    pavithra

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Aishu

It took some time for me to understand what metti is. Then recollected that its an ornament worn on the second toe finger. I am not married so cannot tell about it much but would like to appreciate that you have written a nice post on it...
    Bye