1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Metti Oli - TV Serial

Discussion in 'TV' started by Shakthi, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Shakthi

Shakthi Senior IL'ite

Hello,

I wanted to share my thoughts on the serial Metti Oli. It used to be one of my favorite TV Serial and I used to appreciate it for the very practical story line it.

Especially the "Appa" portrayed in that serial depicts the pains an Appa in real life would need to go through with 5 daughters!

But now I feel it's being dragged for commercial purposes. Is it fair :?:

Appreciate everyone's opinion...

2. kavya

kavya Bronze IL'ite

Metti Oli

Very true, Metti Oli used to be one among the very few practical TV serials. These days it is becoming very drab and always somebody crying :x .

I guess the director and Sun TV would have decided to extend it because of the fame it had among the public :wink: .

3. madhu_cute

madhu_cute Junior IL'ite

After 5 years...

Did you watch the recent episodes of metti oli?They keep flashing the message of meeting the different families in the serial after 5 yrs.

Looks like the director and Sun TV has decided to give some change to the viewers. Hope atleast after 5years those who were always crying stopped it, those always fighting too stopped it and especially the grumbling m-i-l of Saro reduced grumbling, if not stopped :roll:

4. Malini Iyer

Malini Iyer Senior IL'ite

Hi forum mates,
    Metti oli is a famous serial among the Tamilians living in Hyderabad. We used to discuss about it a lot in our circle of friends. I heard that the serial is gearing up for a climax and that is the reason it has been fast forwarded by five years.
    I guess after all the children characters introduced, the crying has stopped. With the children the serial has become interesting. What is your view ladies?
    bye.

5. manju_j

manju_j New IL'ite

Not much change in the characters...

Hi all,

I too get to watch this serial here.

With the fast forwarding, I see most of the families in the serial is settled well - with good big houses. But I don't see much of changes in the characteristics or attitude of most of the characters.

Especially, Saro's maamiyar and her husband. They are the same :evil:

6. malar

malar Bronze IL'ite

Lot of craze for this serial among the Tamilians here

Recently this serial Metti Oli has gained a lot of craze in Malaysia & Singapore among the Tamilians. Especially because of the episodes taken here in Singapore.

Coming to the change in characteristics of the people in this serial, I feel the last girl of Chidambaram - Bhavani, she is being portrayed a very mature and responsible girl. She used to be responsible in studies but was always portrayed as the kada kutti given extra care.

I hope Chidambaram gets some peace with this daughter's married life atleast :rolleyes:

7. sheeba

sheeba Junior IL'ite

Saro being tested for her patience!

After moving into the US, I did not get to see Metti Oli for long. Recently we got Dish Network Satellite TV connection and I restarted to see it.

Not only the evil characteristics like Saro's maamiyar and husband Manickam (everlasting specimens :evil: ) remain the same, appa Chidambaram and porumayin sigaram Saro is also the same.

In real life in my opinion, anybody like Saro tested for their patience for so many years would have definitely changed!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2005
  8. Nila

Nila New IL'ite

Hi Sheeba,

Looks like director Thirumurugan, of this serial, had been sensitive to address feelings of many viewers like you. He did show some change in the characters finally [​IMG].

I liked the change in Saro's character - it was an outburst of all the anger and patience she had within her!

The changes in other characters were all overnight from ultimate evil to extra-ordinary goodness - especially in Rajam amma and Manickam.
    Atleast the change in Ravi leela's husband was believable because of the incident portrayed related to it.

I heard the serial is close to ending, is it really true?

9. akila

akila New IL'ite

Metti oli climax...

Hai all,

Let's discuss about what will be metti oli climax...

Who will marry Bhavani? If not Harsha, if not Ramesh, who else?

Will Ramesh marry Nirmala? Wouldn't Santosh come back?

Will Selvam and Shakthi marry?

Share your views and let's see who get's closer to the climax in the serial [​IMG]

10. amudha

amudha Senior IL'ite

Metti Oli Climax

Metti Oli climax is nothing but the answer to all your questions :lol:

I'm sure Shakti and Selvam will marry - otherwise the good soul Selvam (as he is portrayed) will leave no meaning to his character.

Bhavani's marriage still remains a suspense - I never imagined Harsha would just slip off like this, the way he was shown to be mad behind her. Avanum avan thalaiyum (as said by Ravi :p )

Atlast, may be everybody would convince Nirmala to marry Ramesh :!:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2005