1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Methods to keep our body cool!

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by AncySanil, May 7, 2012.

1. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Run cold water over the insides of the wrists...it cools the blood quickly. I have also been known in torrid weather to keep my feet (bare feet) in a pan of ice water. Sounds awful...feels great.

2. infotech

infotech Bronze IL'ite

hi friends,

Traditional methods are gone. My grandmas recipe to cool the body heat is pazhaya sadham. i.e... cook rice with so much of water in night. leave it outside . If you cook this rice in mud pot its really good. Morning smash the rice or blend coarse in mixi and add salt, butter milk. U can have this in empty stomach in the morning. Body heat, ulcers will not come near to you.
    bye,
    bindhu

1 person likes this.
  3. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

hi infotech, it is called pazhayadhu or neeragaram. yes it is an excellent body cooler and energizer. Hot rice cannot be used. Cook the rice normally as you do just by increasing the quantity to save some for this. Pour water till the rice is immersed. Leave it overnight. morning as you said it can be prepared and had.

4. See84

See84 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Try to involve as many watery vegetables as possible in daily cooking. This prevents us from dehydration and helps in maintaing our body temperature. Some of these include Cucumber, Melons, Ridge Gourd, Plaintain pitch, etc. We used to prepare Cucumber curry atleast once in a week. Alos, avoid eating fruits/veggies that generate body heat during this seaon. Hope this helps.