1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Methods to control anger

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

I want to know what are the practical methods you follow to control your anger? I have tried many but without success. Waiting to know your ways.
    Sriniketan

2. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Hi sriniketan,

Some may count 1- 10 etc, others drink water to control....what I do is
    I go to my room, start writing...what I ever I feel/think... I'll try to express through words.
    sometimes, I cry while writing...that in fact release the pressure which was within !
    One of my aunt...use to write ' Sri rama jayam'...in order to soften the anger.

3. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Sriniket,

this is needed by all of us. u know earlier means 4 yrs back i used to get angry on everyone even my parents, in laws sometimes i was correct but sometimes i realised i am i shouldn't get angry. then i realised if i get angry immediately then there is no space for other person to say anything regarding the matter or if that person have more high temper than me then i will be overtaken by his anger which is really difficult for me to control and things will go out of my hand. after that whenever i feel this is the point i am getting angry something is capturing my mind then i start thinking oh! why should i burn my blood for this fool . noone knows this secret that i consider other person a fool and be happy forget everything at that moment to come out of highly tensed mental condition, but when i see everything cool down then i think about that matter from starting. i dont have any other option bcoz when i used to get angry my hands will start shivering and everyone comes to know what is going in my mind. now i have controlled a lot.

padma

4. Aniyaa

Aniyaa New IL'ite

:) Every time u control ur anger... write it down in a book ... and reward yourself when the count reaches 5 . That way you will be motivated to control ur anger and you will feel good abt urself...

When u get terribly angry .. think abt the points u get for logging in the book !! and immediately go and write it , and give urself credit :2thumbsup:

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hello all,
    want to try all of your methods one bye one.
    I don't know how am i going to follow padma 's method because thinking the other person as a fool by itself makes us laugh.( the result is obvious, no anger)
    We make our son to write his cause for anger (not as a method to control anger because we could not understand what he says. He will cry at the height of anger.) As you all pointed out ,that way made him cool down a little bit and we are telling him that his energy will be wasted and he will soon become tired and so on. Sometimes this works, but this is not the case with my daughters. They get angry easily. This generation according to my opinion cannot tolerate even small things.
    We are trying our kids to do meditation.
    Even my grandma used to tell me that she once read in a magazine that having a mouthful of water in your mouth at the time of anger, will make your mouth keep shut.( But what about the other party?)
    sriniketan

5 people like this.
  6. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Sri,

this is my well tried method during my struggle with in laws otherwise i would be a migraine patient which almost started but God saved me in time by this idea. try it helps.

bye
    padma

2 people like this.
  7. padmamadhavan

padmamadhavan New IL'ite

hi

i agree with anushiv. i have seen practically , writing ur emotions in a diary helps to cool u down.If u read that diary after sometime u will enjoy ur own writings, and after sometime what made u very angry b4 seems to be nothing.

1 person likes this.
  8. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

hi sriniketan,

when i get angry i quit that place at once and avoid further arguments. it make others feel bad for making us angry. this works.

regards,

Vanaja

1 person likes this.