metformin and glumet same?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by priyapraveendvs, Jan 18, 2011.

1. priyapraveendvs

priyapraveendvs Bronze IL'ite

Hi, i am on metformin forst 25 days doc prescribead me to take 4 per day and increse it as week basis.

but i was taking only one for 25 days as i am not adjust with basic single dose.later he changed me to glumet.

he put me clomid for 6 cycles but no use.
    he told that i am not ovualting,

doesmetformin helps to ovualte?

glumet and metformin is same?

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I hope both are same!
    Metformin will control the PCOS effects & allows the hormones to come to the balance. Sooner It will allow you to conceive! All the best!

3. Daffodils78

Daffodils78 Silver IL'ite

Glumet is a modified version of metformin. Glumet releases the medicine content in it very slowly and hence they are also called extended release version of metformin. Are you overweight ? Are you insulin resistant ? If you have PCOD and insulin resistance metformin can definitely help. But you should also try being physically active (excercse) and avoid sugary and starchy foods. Even minimum amount of weight loss will help in regaining your regular ovulation and your chance of conception increases. Metformin works best at a dosage of 1500 mg. Build the dosage slowly. But it would be also wise to try a combination of metformin + ovulation induction medications (femara, gonal F and so on ) so that you can attain success soon. So please talk to your doctor about ovulation inducing drugs to be used along with metformin. Lots of good luck !

Manju

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012