1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Message to an unborn child

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, May 30, 2012.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

[FONT=&quot]“Hi son, I am so happy to leave this message for you. When I was young, I had a dream that after finishing my education I should get a nice job and a house to live. I knew if I have both of them, I could build a nice family. I realized that dream and settled down nicely in my life. Your mom came into my life like an angel and I was wondering what I did in my life to deserve someone like her. One fine day, she announced to me that you were going to come into our life and I felt like I was on top of the world. I painted your room and bought everything you would ever need as a child. Your mom and I are still preparing ourselves for your arrival.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I am 100% convinced that you would have a wonderful future especially considering someone like your mom is around you. Please consider her as your friend, philosopher and guide and consult her in everything you do. Try and dream as much as you can as it is our dreams that make us realize them with full energy, commitment and devotion. Love is the driving force behind everything. Please always make your decision after consulting your conscience. I will prefer you to be a person making decision after understanding the repercussions of your actions. Even if you make mistakes in your life, get on with your life after forgiving yourself but with a firm determination not to repeat them again. Be truthful to yourself and to others and never drift away from righteousness. Only way you become stronger is by achieving peace in your mind. Please understand when you make a positive change in your thinking, the world around you changes so much more.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Find out what is one thing that you aspire in your life. Prepare yourself for achieving that goal through your dreams, preparation and commitment to achieve that goal. Once you make up your mind, never go back and continue to relentlessly try to accomplish your goal despite huddles. Always remember that failures are stepping stones for the success in life. Please always remember how long you lived in this world is not important but how you lived when you are alive that matters most.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Whenever, you find opportunities to help others consider that as a direction from the God and try to grab those opportunities. Please always remember sharing what you have with others gives more satisfaction in our lives than taking something from this world. Every time, you help a child educate, please remember how your mom educated you. Every time, when you help an elderly person, please remember that it is time to reciprocate the love you received from your grandparents. When you help a sick person, please remember that it is time for you to help them for what other human beings have done to me.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Please promise me that you will not miss my physical presence as I will always be with you in your memories. It is time for me to leave as per the Will of the Lord but He let me remain in your memories and let me shower my love to you even before you are born. Please always remember that I left you wishing you the very best in your life and I did everything I could to make your life better in my absence. Please always remember that life is short and you need to make best use of your time when you can. Let God Bless you and your mom.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](This is a touching video recording made by a father to his unborn son 4 days before he died. He was suffering from terminal illness and was a patient of the Hospice. Video recording is a service provided by the Hospice for terminally ill patients. The recording was done by my son when he was studying in High School.)[/FONT]

2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Reminds me of "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. Did you watch the video and read the book? I did both. Very touchy.His chidren were 5,3 and 1 at that time. The message he left for them is amazing!

Syamala

3. Viswamitra

I have not read the book nor watched the video. Thank you for suggesting that I would certainly watch that during this week end. I heard Steve Jobs speech in Standford University. What I described in this blog is a true incident that happened when my son was volunteering for the Hospice.

Viswa

4. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

wow.. This is really touching after knowing its a true story. Kudos to your son and to you too for bringing this here.

5. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Really a very touching one..!!!

Thanks to you and your son.. :)

6. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

The Last lecture is the real story of Randy Pausch..a professor in computor sciences in Carniege Melon University, Pittsburgh. he is diaognised with terminal Pacrease cancer and doctors gave him a life of one to one and half years. His children were small. he would not be around when they grow up. hence his message in The Last Lecture video.He passed away in 2008. My niece was studying MBA in IIM Ahmedabad at that time. In their auditorium they show a movie every week. The day before Randy Pausch passed away they showed his video. The next day he passed away and the news was on notice board. Everyone was in tears...she told, without exception.

I appreciate your son volunteering for hospice very much.

Syamala

7. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Its touching Viswamitra. Quite recently I read another news item along the similar lines. It was an SMS left by a mom to herself, while dying, covering her baby, after the building where they were, collapsed in an earthquake. The baby was recovered and the message was something like how she saved it. Thanks for sharing this. Its wonderful that your son is doing such a service, though it is not surprising, for you being so kind and noble. -rgs

8. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Reminds me Last Lecture , as Shyamala said.

Your son has been doing a great job. Wish , I could have strong , stable mind (which overcomes the emotions) to do such noble jobs.

9. Viswamitra

Pallavi,

Thank you for your feedback. That service program is known as "video legacies" and my son did more than 400 hours of such program when he was in the high school. He had obtained youth volunteer of the year award in one of those years. Those interactions helped him to understand the life a little bit better.

Now his Masters and Ph.D. is keeping him so busy.

Viswa

10. Viswamitra

Dear Upsabari,

I just documented what I heard from my son. He listened to that speech by 32 years old father directly.

Viswa