1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mercy killing

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vivbass, Oct 26, 2007.

1. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Dear all,
    sorry to discuss abt this topic.
    my grandpa aged 92,lost his eye vision,hearing ability,having sugar,just life is going thatz all,he is unable to walk,every week he'll fall in the bathroom floor,donno y god is punishing those aged people??? my parents r unable to do the seva for grandpa,they r also aged:-( mercy killing is banned,but seeing all this i felt really bad.
    Also my hubby's grandma is doing more....she is torturing others,that others should do for her,i can't tell how she is doing but,after the age of 80,mercy killing is better,what do u all think abt this????

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi vivbass,

Mercy killing otherwise called euthanasia is not legal. even if it was, are we so heartless to do that...i dont think so...you are talking about it because you are hurt seeing your parents suffering.It is really tuff.

Regarding your dH patti..there are some like that..

.recently one of our friends patti died..she was always calling the DIL names..the son you will not believe...there were people who used to ask my friend if she was really the mother of the friends father....no one was happy...she used to not leave anybody...but you know what..even after her tortures..the son and DIL were crying for her....and also thanking god that she passed away in her sleep...

I think that is our culture...you may say you are not experiencing..no i have a FIL who is 73 now...and his mother (veda's grandmom) who is 95 she was with us, now she is staying with his sister who is 80+....as she is happy there..(people to talk to...)

All said, the life expectancy is increasing...so we should only pray for good health and strength...

3. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vivs,

Mercy Killing is not allowed according to the Law.

According to doctors - Even if someone is in dying stage and there is no cure or treatment for that and is suffering too much, even then that someone only should decide what they want to do, if they opt for any medical procedure which will extend their life for another 2 or 3 days then the doctors are supposed to give that procedure even though relatives may say that dont do, its ok, dont toture him more, as you say it is another hole in that someone's body. We know how they suffer but if they want to live then you cannot do anything.

But me and my sisters have decided that in case when we become old and struck with some rare disease with no cure and we are bedridden, we dont want to be burden to anyone and decided and ready for anything that will take our life immediatly instead of suffering, hospital, too many treatments and procedure, burdening to all near and dear ones.

Bala

4. So Sure

So Sure Senior IL'ite

hi,

I'm with Bala. :exactly:

I don't want to torture anyone and or be tortured. I don't want to be a burden on anyone. I don’t want to live like vegetable on bed, brain dead (Terri Schiavo’s case) or an Alzheimer’s patient. Or with any terminal disease! I think the bed would be of better use if given to someone else who needs it more than me. My husband already knows about my wishes.

I’m So Sure of this.

Regards,
    Sharada

5. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

I agree with shanvy, even if were allowed, we would not do it. Our consience would never allow it. Just pray to god to take away the old who are suffering like this. My husbands grandfather too was sick and used to fall down often with no one to look after him, he was 92+ . Hew passed away 2 weeks back and we are happy that he did not have to suffer more than he already did.

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Vivbass,
    I can to some extent understand what made you write this article!
    I agree with the other ilites in this topic.
    If we are in that state and if it is our wish, it's alright.
    But how can we decide on other people's life, unless they wished too.

sriniketan