1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Menu Help

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by Halosandwings, Jun 10, 2021.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Seems its big and formal gathering, based on that menu looks good.
    Otherwise, i like more dry items if party at home, as kids like to carry food or plate and play and make mess around the house. so liquidy foods do not work.
    Ask me... i learnt hard way. People spilled curry on my brand new sofa and did not even bother to tell me. Still mad about it..:angry:
    Anyways...since you said, its more of latino guests then india, you can remove 1-2 indian foods or 1 non veg foods and add mixed kind food like pasta item. Or add rajma or kidney beans with white rice.
    Hispanic community usually enjoy indian foods.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Dear sister @Halosandwings
    I too had posted response here.

Now a year had gone by and your daughter turned in two+ . You received good responses including the humorous one from @Hopikrishnan.

Tell us how that last party went on? Was it ok on the menu front?
    Did you add and cancel at the eleventh hour any item from the listed menu? What were the comments by invitees about choice of food items that you had provided them in the razzmatazz?

Any sweet/bitter lessons for IL’ites that would be useful for organising future birth anniversary parties with a large gathering and high percentage of kids/children?
    Thanks & Regards.
    God Bless.

3. Halosandwings

Halosandwings Bronze IL'ite

It’s been a while and I don’t remember any menu changes. A lot of people did not come. We had a lot of food left even after guests took Food in carry out boxes. So we ended up giving it to a local place. Everybody loved food and happy with carry out boxes!!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for reply.
    It was an opportunity in disguise that resulted in your kind act of giving the best food to some strangers too.
    God bless your child and all members of your family.
    Regards.