1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Menu Discussions At Home

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Sowmya3105, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Sowmya3105

Sowmya3105 New IL'ite

Hi Friends
    My mother would never discuss what to cook and she makes decisions on her own. I am brought up in that way. My MIL is right opposite she can't decide on menu and always need guidance. My husband support s me and says for betterment of children is good not to discuss about food or menu. My BIL house this is a big issue now thier teenage son and daughter give more importance to food and behave badly when taken to hotel. At home thier behaviour is still worst and ask me about menu and give me suggestions. I don't want my children to be like them. Should I correct my MIL from discussing about food and menu. Please share what you do at your home. Does your children give importance to menu being cooked. Share your thoughts.

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

When a teenage child wants something specific cooked at home, it is an opportunity for Mom (or Dad) to have that child "help" in making that whatever. A grownup should be able to make that help-session be a learning experience. Praise profusely the nice job the child is doing...throughout the session. A couple of help sessions later, the child will be able to do all of it himself, or... realize the difficulty of that procedure, and avoid asking Mum/Dad for anything specific, lest s/he gets trapped into working in the kitchen.