1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Mental Health Of Parents With Special Needs Kids

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by Laks09, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hugs Viki! Take care of yourself and make yourself a priority too. Prayers and wishes for your family! Everything will fall in place. Hang in there.

viki123 likes this.
  2. Laks09

Hugs sunshine! Hopefully we will have things in place and people to love and include our kids long after we are gone. Love to your family too buddy!

Mistt, Afresh and Sunshine04 like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

My dear Laks

Thanks for sharing your experience. You are inspiration to everyone. May God give you strength to face everything , already you are living your life with positive approach and role model to everyone. There is always something to learn from your posts. All the best to you for everything

Laks09 and shravs3 like this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Laks09, hey buddy, got in just to say yaay! that is a milestone mama, not shedding a tear while writing something on this journey, it is never going to be easy, but we move forward with a smile. Nothing wrong in cheering every step, every try to take that step, we are the biggest cheer leaders in their life.

take care of yourself. I have mentioned many a time, that one of the mistakes I did was, neglect my health in the maze of joint family, taking care of two kids, with a absentee husband...you are your priority and no body else can do it for you better than you. It takes a toll, but you do not have a choice or option, you stumble, you limp or crawl to the occasion.

No I would not change anything in this journey with my young man. He taught me patience, to be more attentive, to be more observant. probably a better me in the process.

Acceptance, Determination, Hope keeps us float. and it is my strong belief that miracles do happen..

Will join in later... one step at a time, one day at time we march.. lots of hugs and loads of positive vibes your way and towards all parents who need them.. parenting is never easy, but it is more so when you have hurdles to conquer on the path..

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@Laks09,

Even though I knew and mentioned about you in many responses of mine, this post of yours brought tears into my eyes. The mothers who raise special needs children are themselves very special. It is so heartening to know that your son is raised carefully by the best of your abilities. Your determination and courage to focus on your son's quality of life is what makes all of us notice. You are definitely a guide for those moms facing similar situation.

I admire you not only for raising a special needs child successfully but also for many other qualities you possess such as financial prowess, determination to take care of yourself, socializing skills, ability to write well with clear thoughts, being a glue for your family through your excellent relationship with the husband, daughter and son individually.

Your patience and perseverance are the two qualities everyone should aspire to have. I can't thank you enough for summarizing the challenges for the benefit of other mothers who handle children with special needs.

I see the mothers who handle special needs children as Godly and deserved to be worshiped.

Mehana, Laks09 and KashmirFlower like this.
  6. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

yes. thank you
    but we mothers are treated like trash by spouse and society

7. Laks09

Dear Viji Aunty,
    Your feedback itself means a lot to me. I learn from you on a daily basis. Being content with whatever life has to offer is something I imbibed from you. Thank you for your support as always.

Mehana likes this.
  8. Laks09

Thank you Shan. I knew you would understand.

How did you know I needed this? I usually do make myself a priority but when too many things get in the way, my health is on the back burner. My body has been telling me I need to give myself some TLC. Hopefully I’ll find my balance again soon.
    So true Shan! Before him, I didn’t know the depth of my patience. I always wondered how you did it until I had to do it. Then I derived inspiration from you. He has made me a better person for sure.

Hugs to you too Shanvy. We love your family. Hope to hear loads of good stories soon. Come back and let’s start back on the fitness bandwagon together.

Mehana and EightKittens like this.
  9. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

How are you Saanvi ji ? Good to hear from you after long time.

10. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Dear @Laks09,

I don’t know how I missed seeing this till now. Felt extremely moved to read your post. Kudos on making the long tough journey to reach this milestone. God bless you, your family and especially the little fellow!