1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MEN can't handle questions?!?!?!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by arthidiva, Mar 18, 2009.

1. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I was just wondering how different we are from men or should I say the other way around!

For few days last week, my DH was (now I managed to bring back sense to him) getting angry for every little thing.. I used to call him when I reach home asking where he is, he usually replies and asks abt me too. But last week, he started pouncing on me when I ask any question for that matter, even ask 'How was work?' he got so angry - Commmon .. Its not that I want to keep tab or know what happend at work, I can be least bothered abt it.. I just want to know if everything is alright.:spin

Last week he was in his sis's place for the evening, I had gone out and when I was reaching home, wanted to know where he so that I can go there. I called him up and asked, he said with a harsh tone (like why are you asking) that he was in his sis house (he said that bluntly, never does that). I said (just couldnt let go) why are you upset or angry?, :eek:mg:he shouted for that saying, what makes you think that? I got so cheesed off I quitely said Bye and cut the phone.. I know him so well and he is not a person who would behave like this, I never want him to think that I nag him or even irritate him.

So such behaviour continued for 2 or 3 days and over the weekend I decided to keep my mouth shut, I never bothered about him, didnt call him up when he was out. After 1 whole day of not asking him anything and not calling him at all, he slowly started becoming normal. After the weekend he is completely fine and now realises that he overreacted. So far so good.. Now we are back with all love.. :2thumbsup:

But why do MEN have to averse when a WIFE asks them something. :idontgetit: Is it so difficult to answer when it comes to his wife?

I know of many men who do this.. They cannot tolerate a tiny- winy question from their wife. Why is it so so difficult for them to handle questions?? they just have to give an answer, why should it bother them so much. Then they start saying we nag them or irritate them..Rant. If a wife feels like asking anything to the DH, should she just ask the walls around him so that he doesnt get affected by the million dollar questions she asks?

I think like how we have our 3 days chums every month, men have their mental chums :idea or is it early menapause:rotfl?! wat u say ladies?

I am sure many of us do face questions from our DH, like where are you going? why are you late? why didnt you buy that? who called? But do we ever complain that they ask too many questions or do we ever ever say that our DH is a NAG? or they irritate us? Being MEN doesn't make them extra ordinary :notthatway:

oh common! rules should be the same for both na.. that too in such simple matters. It is not even the subject of the question that bothers them, it is just the fact that they are being QUESTIONED, that too by their beloved WIFE :eek:mg:what a crime?? I fail to understand this :confused2:

If you agree, please share your expereinces and views! If you dont, still share the same pllsssss.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009

2. Pragadha

Pragadha Senior IL'ite

hi arthidiva,

In my house it is opposite i will get irritated if he pose frequent questions on me like why dont you do this? what happened? What r u doing? sometimes for every silly questions i get angry and shout at himRantbut he will not stop asking such silly questions although:wink:. If he is not asking these questions i will shout at him for that too:hide:. But when i am asking frequent questions to him he will anwer with patience but if i pesture him several times then he will get irritated.

I think on those whom we have much love and affection and on whom we have more right we are behaving like this. Or sometimes if something bothers me a lot i will show all my frustrations on him. And also i will think that he has to read my mind and understand everything and should solve the problems even without asking so many questions :crazy( i know it is impossible but i will think like this). May sound difficult for my hubby to live with me but he never bother about all my shouts he understand that i am shouting at him because of love.

Everything is love. Every expression is a part of love.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  3. Successpriya

Successpriya Silver IL'ite

Hello AD,

You are 100% right.:yes: Same thing happened in my home last week. My MIL is with me and she want me to take her to temple. I want to make sure from my DH, at what time he leave the office. So I call'd him n he attend the call in an irritated way n told not to go , he will be come within 30 minsRant. But what happened was he came after 1 hour n as usual i asked the question How was the day?

He started shouting ( which he never did before) Why i'm asking so many questions without leaving him to take rest. I just left the place not to create any scenes before my MIL.:hide:

He started again before sleep tat he is over stressed n without knowing abt his high tension, i'm always disturbing him...this...that...blah blah...I didnt spoke anything.

Next day , when he return from the office i didnt ask anything . I went to prepare coffee. He came to kitchen n started telling stories tat happened in the office. So now again in Normal track. :coffee

Even I have the same question n was very surprised to see your post dear...

4. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

Hi arthi,

I had the same experience with my dh before our marriage.ours is a love match.When we are in the process of convincing our parents for our marriage,I used to ask him all the questions like what you do if your parents wont agree?,will u marry some other girl according to your parents wish?,whats your plan to convince them?.All these questions irritate him.
    He wont answer these questions,he used to just stare me.But my worry was to know how he is planning to convince them.

And now after marriage no need of those questions.but i will ask another set of common questions like where he is? ,what he has for breakfast,lunch,dinner?,At what time he starts from office? etc...
    He will reply to all these questions because we are in different metros.
    I feel like he cares me alot and become elated ,when he asks the same questions to me.

Anyways my conclusion is that men hate questions.What say other lLites?

5. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Why Few Men cant handle Qs ?? Hmmm... let me think..

Maybe because they are too confused.. They are not sure.. why the woman asks about their whereabouts sometimes. They have heard from forefathers that woman is supposedly a NAG.. so they assume and are scared their wives are becoming like their forefathers' wives !! They are clueless wether the wife is basically concerned or just asking out of curiosity / doubt ! But they miss out on it the minute she stops asking Qs and offer to blabber voluntarily.. So, basically maybe they are clueless of what a woman thinks before she is asking a Q in the first place. By the time, they try and understand that.. the next Q pops out.. So they are like.. :spin !!

Not all men have problem with answering Qs.. Few just go on and on themselves !! Both asking and answering too ... No points for guessing who I am talking about bonk !!

Hey, but why do women ask any Q ? How about waiting till they want to talk about their day and they learn to handle mind when stressed at work.. and not show it on the poor spouse !! :thumbsup

6. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Men are just like women, sometimes they get mentally tired and don't want to answer questions. Either that or they're trying to escape the topic we wish to discuss! For example, sometimes my dh has tension at work, so he doesn't want to talk about it. When I bring it up, he finds it annoying! Once home he just wan'ts to forget and relax! Chillout!

A lot of the time it's not the wife that is troubling, it's all the other tension going on, and wife is just the first person to snap at. I'm guilty of doing the same thing once in a while. Dh will ask a simple question and with that I give a cranky answer. Happens to anyone called "human." :thumbsup

7. vandannav

vandannav Senior IL'ite

hi

This happens in my house too, i think this happens when the person has got something on there mind.

regards,
    vandannav